Guards and Orders

Later in the evening, large fire started to burn the forest. Eugene, Rapunzel, guards and even Nigel all fled to help. "Well, it's as I suspected. The footprints don't lie. There is a dragon amongst us. We must find it immediately." Nigel said as he stared down at the large dragon footprints.

"Wow, Nigel. You really have it out for dragons, huh?" Eugene said and Nigel let out a sad sigh. "I loved a dragon, once, as a child." Nigel said as he remembered finding the shells of the dragon egg and footprints. They led him straight to a small blue dragon.

"He was a baby when I found him." Nigel said as he remembered smiling at the dragon and picking it up. "People said that I shouldn't keep him, that dragons were ferocious, deadly." He remembered all the townspeople yelling at him for keeping the dragon. "But I didn't understand..."

"Until one day, the dragons family came looking for it." He said remembering all the green flames that engulfed the town. "The dragons attacked our village and destroyed everything. All because I took that baby dragon. It was only through sheer luck that no one was seriously hurt." Nigel said before taking a deep breath and letting out a sigh. "That was a mistake I'll never make again. Believe me when I say this: that dragon is a threat to everyone in this kingdom-a threat that must be eliminated at once." Nigel said standing up and talking to Rapunzel.

"Let me handle this. I will talk to Pascal. And don't do anything until I give you the word." Rapunzel said and with that her and Eugene ran off to search for their reptile friends.

Nigel walked over to the group of guards and watched the princess run off. "The princess clearly doesn't understand the urgency of the situation. We are all in danger. You're to go after that dragon immediately! Capture him if you can! But if necessary, destroy that dragon!" Nigel told the guards and they all gave him a salute before splitting up to search for the dragon.

Varian and (Y/n) were in the meadow. Varian had books and paper scattered all around as he worked on his project for the princess. Sunny and Ruddiger were both snuggled up in the blankets on the witch's bed. (Y/n) was slumped in her chair with her head laying on an open book.

Varian hummed softly to himself as he carefully lifted his girlfriends head up and replaced the book with a pillow. He watched her as she let out a soft sigh. He placed a gentle kiss to her head before sitting back down at the table. He carefully pulled a few candles closer to him so he could see his work better.

As hard as Varian tried to concentrate on his work, his eyes kept wandering towards his sleeping girlfriend. A smile and a blush made their way up his freckled cheeks as he thought about her and how lucky he was.

Varian was lost in thought only to be snapped out of it by loud knocking at the door. "Oh shit!" Varian whisper yelled as he jumped and almost knocked one of the candles over. Another loud knock was heard and this time (Y/n) groaned in annoyance. Varian quickly got up and went to the door.

He opened it just to reveal a guard with his hand up ready to knock again. "You do realize it's extremely late and you're knocking very loudly, right?" Varian whisper yelled and the guard looked down at him confused.

"Uh...why are we whispering?" The guard asked causing Varian to facepalm. "It's the middle of the night! People are sleeping!" Varian explained and the guard apologized for how loud he was.

"We're looking for the dragon. I have orders to search this place." The guard said and Varian raised a brow at him. "Orders? Orders from who?" He asked. "From Nigel, now if you'd please step aside I need to search this home." The guard said and Varian shook his head no.

"Yeah, um, about that...I can't do that." Varian said as he leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. "I have orders to search this entire meadow for the dragon." The guard said and Varian shook his head no.