Changing Roles

That night, Elizabeth read the story of Corona's witch trial to Rosalie. Both girls were confused as to why the story had such a significance to the witch, but they decided they'd ask her when they saw her again. Both girls were walking through the castle on their way to the garden.

"I don't know what you're planning to do with this kingdom, but I will find proof that you're a witch. You'll soon be exposed to the entire kingdom." A threatening voice said quietly. Elizabeth and Rosalie looked at each other confused before peaking around a corner to see King Edward caging (Y/n) against a wall.

Edward was glaring daggers as he stared down at the girl clad in black with a black piece of sheer fabric holding her hair back as a few strands were left out to frame her cheeks. The witch simply stared up at the king.

"Eddie, please, you're going to give yourself more wrinkles if you keep scrunching your face up like that." The witch said with a slight smirk playing at the corner of her lips.

"You think this is some...some game?!" Edward whispered yelled to the girl and (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders. "That depends. Are you willing to play, Eddie?" The witch asked and a growl left the kings lips as he leaned towards her more and the witch pressed herself fully against the wall.

"I will find proof! Just you-" "Ahem!" They all turned to the new voice and there stood the princess of Corona herself. She had her hands on her hips as she stared disappointedly at the king. "Care to explain what you're doing, King Edward?" Rapunzel asked as she crossed her hands over her chest.

The king immediately backed away from the girl. "O-oh, Princess Rapunzel. I was just having a lovely chat with (Y/n). Such a sweet girl, isn't she?" The king forced out a fake smile to the girl and only received an eye roll from the witch.

"Is that true, (Y/n)?" Rapunzel asked and (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders as she approached the princess. "More or less. Are you ready to see my plans?" She asked and Rapunzel nodded as they both started to walk away. "Varian is already there setting things up. I really hope you enjoy what I have planned." (Y/n) said with a smile as they both walked away.

Rosalie and Elizabeth watched as Edward stared at the retreating girls. Both girls jumped as his fist collided with the wall next to him. "She's a witch. I know it. I refuse to allow something like that to happen again." Edward said to himself.

"Come on, we don't want to get caught here." Rosalie whispered to Elizabeth as she pulled on the girls sleeve. Both girls went the opposite direction of the king trying to find another way to the garden.

(Y/n)'s POV:

"Are you alright?" Rapunzel asked me softly as we walked away from the king. "I'm fine." I said giving her a soft smile as she still looked unsure.

"Punz, this isn't the first time I've been threatened. He believes that if he finds a way to expose me then I'll bend to his will, but he doesn't know that the kingdom knows. I honestly want to wait until he does 'expose' me for being a witch. I want to see what the people will do. Besides, I know I'm safe here thanks to you." I said giving her a bright smile and Rapunzel nodded.

"I'm actually really glad you ended up in Corona." Rapunzel said and I looked up at her slightly surprised. "I'm glad I ended up here too." I said softly and we both walked to our destination.

I opened the door and Varian was finishing setting up a diagram of the heart of the kingdom. Inside the room was Lance, Eugene, Kiera, and Catalina. "You guys ready?" I asked and they nodded as I moved to stand next to Varian.

"Alright, we will be using the town square to put all of this together. There will be five main people telling the story. Catalina and Kiera will be our main female roles. Catalina will be the witch and Kiera will be her best friend. Lance will be our prince. If Elizabeth and Rosalie agree then they will be our narrators. If not, Rapunzel and Eugene will be our narrators. Varian and I will be in charge of affects." I quickly explained.