The Prank

Varian walked in Monty's shop and I was still on his back. The bell on the door rang as we came in and Monty waved to us. "Down please." I said softly and Varian set me down in the ground. "Well if it isn't my favorite young couple! What can I get you two today?" Monty asked us as we approached his counter. "Hey Uncle Monty!" Varian and I both said. "Two ice creams please." Varian said as he went to pull out a few coins. "Don't worry about it. Just the usuals?" Monty asked and we both nodded knowing that trying to get him to take the money would be impossible. Monty handed me an ice cream cone with (f/f) and he handed Varian a chocolate one. "Thank you, Uncle Monty!" We both said before leaving the store and started to walk through the kingdom once more.

I held Varian's hand as we walked around the kingdom. I marked different areas on the map Rapunzel had given to me on where I should place sigils and could possibly do other things. Varian was very patient as I tried to figure out the best places for everything to be. I jotted down the last place to put a sigil and I smiled down at the map proud. "I...I think I'm done." I said and Varian placed his chin on my shoulder as he glanced down at the map.

"I thought you were just going to do the perimeter. You have marked up the entire map." He said with a light laugh and I rolled my eyes. "If you look closely it makes a pattern." I said and Varian stared at the map for a few seconds longer. "Did you really map out your protection spells to make the Corona crest all throughout Corona?" He asked and I giggled nodding my head. "These rituals have to be specifically made for Corona, and what better way to make them part of Corona than making them into the crest. I also didn't think that the people would very much approve of me doing this, so I thought that this might ease their minds a bit." I said and he nodded. "I don't see why they wouldn't agree. They know you wouldn't do anything to hurt Corona." He said and I shrugged my shoulders. "I know, but still. I wanted to be cautious of their feelings because that will have an effect on all of the spells itself. It'll not only have to face outside forces, but inside forces as well." I said and Varian placed a soft kiss to my cheek. "Don't worry, milady. I'm sure they'll be fine with it." He said before starting to walk away from me.

I rolled the map up and put it in my satchel and caught up with him. "Now that that's done. Guess what time it is?" I asked with a smirk and Varian turned his head away from me. "If I don't look at you then I can pretend that you're not here and we don't have to do whatever it is you're planning." He said and I held onto his arm with both of my hands as I hugged it. "But, Sapphires, you have to." I said softly and pouting while looking up at him. "I won the bet." I said tugging on his arm more.

"If I look at you, you're going to be doing the puppy dog pout with your big eyes, and I won't be able to resist and then we're going to end up doing something I don't wanna do." He said and I put my forehead against his shoulder. "But that's the point. You lost so now you have to suffer my consequences." I said and he groaned. "I love you, but this isn't going to be fun." He said and I giggled as I pulled him towards the castle. "It's going to be so much fun!" I said dragging him. "Come on! We don't have all day!" I said as I ran ahead of him towards the castle. "H-hey! Wait up!" He said as he ran after me.

I laughed as I ran up the castle steps and into the castle with Varian right behind me. The guards didn't bother to stop either of us as we ran through the halls. I almost crashed into multiple workers as I ran. I glanced over my shoulder to see Varian still chasing after me before I ran into someone causing both of us to crash to the floor. I looked at the person I ran into and I made eye contact with green eyes. I stared at Rapunzel for a couple seconds before we both started laughing.

"Sorry, Punz. Are you okay?" I asked as I got off the ground and offered a hand to her. She took it and I pulled her up off the ground. "It's fine! I didn't expect to see either of you today. What's up?" She asked with a smile as Varian ran up to both of us out of breathe. "Sapphires lost our bet and now he has to do what I say for an entire day." I said with a smile and Varian finally caught his breath. "(Y/n) also has the protection plans to give you." He said and my eyes widened. "Oh yeah! I do!" I said and stuck my entire arm into the satchel.