Sick Days

A soft tapping on my face woke me up from a well deserved sleep. I grumbled and swatted the paw hitting me away. In response, I only received an annoyed meow. Sunny continued to tap all over my face with his paws sometimes using his claws to really get my attention.

"Sunny...stop it." I said my voice more raw than normal. I sat up but immediately held my head in pain. I groaned again only to start coughing.

I looked down at my sleeves and a wave of relief covered me. "Not like my dream. That's a good sign." I said before getting up with a few sniffles as I made some tea to help my throat.

Sunny watched me as I finished making my tea and pulled out a list of things that needed to get done. "Okay, bubs." I said before taking a drink of my tea and sniffling again. "We need to check the entire boarder of the kingdom, check on all the spell bags, jars, and basically all of the protection I put around there. We also need to get more books from the library. Sapphires and I are officially making decoding that scroll our top scientific/magical priority." I said before sniffling and started writing down more on the list.

"We also are going to be making a deliver to Attila, Uncle Monty, Eugene, Lance, and the girls." I said before staring at the list. "I might have over scheduled myself." I said and Sunny stared at me with the 'no shit, Sherlock' look. I rolled my eyes at him before petting him and gently pushing his side watching him flop onto the table. (Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this to their cats??? Mine are hella floppy 😂)

I wiped my nose with my hand before snapping my fingers. White surrounded me and I groaned as the bright light made my head pound even harder. I waved the white away with my hands before starting to cough and dusting off my clothes. I moved the blanket off of my mirror and looked at myself. A grey and black dress fit loosely on my frame, a black flower crown, and black boots.