Switching Sides

Rapunzel was repairing her frying pan when Eugene approached her. "Hey, Blondie. How you holding up?" Eugene asked and she smiled at him. "Me? Fine!" She said before putting the pan in water causing steam to fill the room. Rapunzel spun the pan in her hand and looked towards Pascal on her shoulder. "What do you think?" She asked and Pascal nodded. "Not bad right?" Rapunzel told herself more than the other two. Pascal quickly glanced between Eugene and Rapunzel trying to tell Eugene to talk to her. "You've been through a lot since we got back. Not to mention what happened with Cassandra." Eugene said and Rapunzel laughed. "What? Augh, I mean, to tell you the truth, I haven't even thought about that person." Rapunzel said taking her anger out on object near her. She was about to squish something when Eugene caught her hand. "Rapunzel, you can't even say her name. There's a difference between setting feelings aside, and burying them so deep they change who you are." Eugene said and Pascal agreed with him. "What are you saying, Eugene?" Rapunzel asked. "What I'm saying is that you're not alone in this." "I know. But maybe it would be better if I were." Rapunzel said softly. "What was that?" Eugene asked only to be interrupted by Xavier.

"Am I interrupting?" Xavier asked and Rapunzel was quick to answer. "No. Heh. I'm just making a new pan." She said showing off her pan with the Corona crest on it. "Princess, we need to discuss our strategy. I'll be there in a second." Rapunzel said. Her and Eugene shared a quick kiss and was left alone. Rapunzel grabbed her back and slung it over her shoulder. Pascal noticed her and jumped off of Eugene to follow her. "Right after I take back my kingdom." Rapunzel said before spotting a black cat with green eyes. "Sunny?" She asked. The cat looked at her and meowed before starting to walk away. The blonde was quick to follow the cat into the night.

Rapunzel was hiding by the docks with a dark clock covering her identity. She had lost sight of Sunny before turning a corner revealing Pascal on Sunny's head. Rapunzel gasped at the sight of Pascal. "Pascal! What are you doing here?" Rapunzel asked him. Pascal made noises at her. "What? No, of course I trust you. I just...thought of this as a solo mission, and then I saw Sunny. You know how he is. He was probably going to show me the way to (Y/n) or just to find a way inside the palace." Rapunzel said and Pascal stuck his tongue out at her. "You're right. I can never fool you." Rapunzel said picking him up and Pascal hugged her finger.

Sunny let the two friends have their moment before he started scratching at a small vent. Rapunzel quickly pulled it out and Sunny jumped in first. The three made their way through the tunnel and into the castle. The three started wandering the halls of the castle when Sunny suddenly took off in a full sprint to who knows where. "I guess that's all the help we're getting from him." Rapunzel said softly before making her way through the halls once more with Pascal.

Sunny ran down the halls successfully avoiding the guards without having to slow down. He quickly made it to his destination and scratched at the window. He paused for a few moments as he saw the person he needed. The black and blue haired kid was working hard at his experiments with his back facing the feline not noticing the scratching sounds. The cat rolled its green eyes before scratching once more. Ruddiger who was sat on the table in front of Varian looked up. Sunny scratched using both of his front paws on the window trying to be let inside.

Ruddiger saluted Sunny and jumped onto Varian's head using it to help him jump higher and get his attention. "Hey! Ruddiger, what did I say about..." Varian paused as he saw the cat at the window. He glanced around the room to make sure no one was around before quickly opening the window. "Sunny? What are y-" Varian was cut off with a hiss and a scratch to his extended glove. Varian quickly pulled his hand away and sighed. "Okay, I deserved that. What are you doing here? Please tell me that (Y/n) is safe." Varian said and the cat shook only glared at him. He ran his hands through his hair and stared to pace back and forth trying to collect his thoughts.