Research

A few weeks had pat since the group had said goodbye to their friends. Eugene, Rapunzel, Varian, and (Y/n) all waved goodbye to a ship as it started to depart.

"Your Higjness, here's the manifest from Neserdnia's latest shipment of goods." The butler, Nigel, said causing Rapunzel to gasp.

"They really started sending us all the best stuff!" Rapunzel said as she started to dig into the crates on a large wagon. "Seems like you made quite the impression on them Punz." (Y/n) said as she started to look around at everything as well.

"Ooh, kumqats! Merino wool!" Rapunzel started naming stuff as Pascal jumped into the hay. "Lavender oils! Oh my god! Porcelain dolls?!" (Y/n) said letting out an excited squeal. "Hey, guys! There's a note!" She said causing the others to look at her.

"Is it from Rosalie and Elizabeth?" Varian asked and (Y/n) nodded with a smile. "It says, I hope all of these are reaching you safe and sound. Elizabeth and I have included a few things just for you all. Please enjoy! Love, Rosalie and Elizabeth. P.S. Please don't send the dolls back-Elizabeth'." (Y/n) read before carefully picking up and holding one of the dolls.

"Can you believe some people find these creepy?" She asked as she showed Varian the doll she was holding. It's hair looked to be unkept, its clothes were dark and even on the dirty side, and the paint on the face made it seem slightly sickly.

Varian stared at the doll and a chill ran up his spine as her moved side to side. "Yup its eyes definitely fills you." He said making (Y/n) roll her eyes with a soft smile before putting it back in the box.

"Oh, oh! Neserdnian riding hats!" Rapunzel said excitedly as she pulled a comedically large pink hat from the box with the gifts. "What do you think?" Rapunzel asked turning to her friends with the large hat on her head.

Eugene laughed awkwardly before choosing his words wisely. "I think...I'll keep my thoughts to myself." He said and Varian nodded. "Smart move." Varian said. "Wow that hat...it's definitely a, uh, staple piece." (Y/n) said rubbing the back of her neck.

"Well, you know what? I know who's a better judge. Pascal? Hmm?" She asked and the chameleon appeared with a small chunk of hay on his head before it fell off.

He stared at the hat for a couple seconds before giving her two thumbs up. Rapunzel smiled as she looked away and pascal immediately expressed his disgust for the hat. "I saw that, Pascal." Rapunzel said and they all watched as the chameleon jumped back into one of the boxes.

Pascal then held up something that was wrapped in a pink cloth. "Oh! What did you find?" Rapunzel asked before taking it and unwrapping it. "Ooh, it's nice and warm!" Rapunzel said as she stared at the round object she'd uncovered showing it to (Y/n). "Do you know what it is?" The princess asked.

The witch ran a couple of her fingers gently across it confused by how it was so warm. "I-I have no idea what this could be. It's not a crystal or special type of gem though that's for sure." She said and Varian raised a brow at his girlfriend.

"Either way, that beauty's a keeper! So hug away, little guy!" Rapunzel said giving it back to pascal. Nigel flipped through his clipboard of everything that had been shipped. "Well, whatever that thing is, it must have arrived here on accident." He said.

"Ooh! Destiny warm thing!" (Y/n) said excitedly making the butler roll his eyes. "I suspect it's in everyone's best interest that we send it back whence it came." He said.

"Come on, Nigel, it's just a little marble. And look at how much fun is having with it!" Rapunzel said and the group watched as Pascal hugged and played with the marble. "Aww!" (Y/n) cooed. "Yeah I don't think you're getting that away from him, Nigel." Varian said.