False Emergencies

Third POV:

The young version of Cassandra held a bouquet of island flowers as she excitedly smelled them. "Daddy, Daddy! Look what I found!" She yelled excitedly as she waved them around. Varian, Rapunzel, and the Captain watched the girl run ahead of them. Varian and Rapunzel watched her with more of a cautious glare, while the captain stared in adoration.

"So nice of you both to join us on our outing today!" The Captain said while he searched around in his picnic basket. "Uh-huh, sure." Rapunzel said not taking her eyes off the girl. "Yup...nice of us to join...so nice." Varian said cautiously. "Fun, fun, fun. Fun is good." Rapunzel said before she lost track of Cassandra.

Rapunzel tried giving a signal to Varian to keep an eye out, but he completely missed it making her facepalm. She made her way over to a bush pushing the leaves away trying to find the girl. Varian finally got the message and looked behind a few rocks near him. The princess was quick to notice the girl sneaking up towards the captain.

"Captain! Watch out!" Rapunzel yelled before tackling to girl. Varian watched as Rapunzel dive bombed the girl before shielding himself in case something bad happened. The captain had turned around quickly to see Rapunzel on the ground holding the girl above her while Varian looked like he was about to be attacked. Rapunzel placed the young Cassandra down as she looked into her eyes with a soft pout. "I wanted Daddy to do my hair." She said holding up a hair brush with concerned and confused eyes.

The captain cleared his throat as he stood in front of the princess. "Um, I...oh! I thought I saw...a-a bee! I saw-" The princess said looking towards the young alchemist with eyes that screamed 'help me out'. "U-uh yeah! Huge bee! Massive!" Varian said trying to help out as he held his arms out wide to show how big the bee was. "I-it was so big. Didn't want you to get stung." Rapunzel said with a sheepish smile towards the captain. "Didn't want you or small scary Cassie to get stung." Varian said only to receive a glare from Rapunzel and the Captain.

Meanwhile, Eugene, Owl, and (Y/n) were all inside a small Lorb library doing research. "Hmm. Right! This one!" Eugene said grabbing another extremely small book. "Eugene, this would go so much faster if you didn't say that every single time you picked up a new book. Not to mention, I wouldn't lose my place every time you said it." (Y/n) said sending him a light glare before skimming through the small book in her hands.

"Nope. I'm not seeing anything in any of these books that could explain where little miss 'most likely to eliminate is all in our sleep' came from. Any luck, witchy?" Eugene asked turning his attention towards the girl. "I got nothing." (Y/n) said as a sigh left her mouth as she closed the book throwing it in with the rest of piled up books. Owl gave both of them an annoyed hoot. "Yes it is possible I missed it! Did you see how small this writing is?!" Eugene complained showing the bird how small the text was. "I don't think I missed anything...considering how many times I had to start over because of you, I don't believe I missed anything." (Y/n) said before grabbing another small book.

Varian and Rapunzel both stood at the edge of a cliff looking over the waterfall. "Wow, this is an absolutely incredible view! (Y/n) is definitely missing out on this." Varian said only thinking about his girlfriend as he stared down at the rushing water.

A gasp from the princess made him turn to her. "What? What's wrong?" He asked only to see the young Cassandra running towards the captain. "She's gonna push him! No, no, no, no, no! Don't you dare!" Rapunzel yelled out only to stop her threat as her and Varian both saw the pink and purple kite. "Start without me. I love kites!" She said with a squeal trying to cover herself. "They're like lanterns' cousins, aren't they...aren't they, Varian?" She asked nudging his arm harshly. "Ow! I-I mean, uh, yeah, sure...probably!" He said giving a fake smile. "Did you really have to do it that hard?" He whisper yelled to Rapunzel as he rubbed his arm.