Chasing the Wolf

"Uncle Monty, the werewolf? Come on! No way!" Eugene said and turned to me. "Wait...it's not actually Monty is it?" Eugene asked and I sighed. "I found the wolf, but I promised them not to tell anyone. So it could be Monty. It also couldn't be." I said and Varian rolled his eyes. "Uncle Monty being a werewolf? That just doesn't seem right." Varian said. "Forgive me, princess, but that's, I mean, that's just. That's just crazy talk." Lance said as he laughed. "You never once suspected Monty had a darker side?" Rapunzel asked as she slammed her hands on the table. Lance, Varian, and Eugene all shook their heads no. Rapunzel looked at me with hope and I rubbed the back of my neck. "I-I think that everyone has a darker side. Some just show it more than others." I said and Rapunzel sighed hanging her head low.

"Okay, fine! But, he has the mark! We should at least investigate that." Rapunzel said and the others nodded. "Why don't you just ask him? I'm sure if you...well...someone other than you asked he'd answer honestly." I said and Rapunzel thought for a moment before looking outside. The sun was starting to go down. "We don't have time. (Y/n) go protect the wolf from Creighton. Boys, you're with me." Rapunzel said before leaving the castle. I waved my hand over my head and appeared next to Red.

"Hey, hun!" I said as I sat down next to her. She was sitting on the floor and playing with the flower she normally keeps in her hair. "Hi." She said softly as she stared at the flower in her hands. "What's the frown for?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked and she shook her head no. "Okay, but you can't keep it in forever. The wolf demon feeds off of that anger and sadness to keep you under its control." I said and she looked up at me. "How do you know so much about this stuff?" She asked and I giggled. "I'm a witch remember? It would be strange if I didn't know about this kind of stuff. I do wish it would have been a skinwalker instead of a werewolf. Those are intriguing don't you think?" I asked and she giggled before nodding her head. "Come on. It's a full moon tonight. We have to make sure you're safe from Creighton and her craziness." I said standing up and offering her my hand. She took it and I helped her up.

Third POV:

Lance, Eugene, Rapunzel, no Varian we're all crotched behind a few barrels with black cloaks covering them. "Alright, it's closing time." Rapunzel said and the group watch was Monty locked the door to the sweet shop. They all ducked down so Monty wouldn't see them, but he had. He quickly loaded his carriage and held the reigns before flicking them hard. "Giddy up!" He called out to his horse. The horse took off down the streets of Corona. "He's trying to get away!" Rapunzel said before whistling loudly. Max and Fidella came running towards all four of them. Eugene and Rapunzel jumped onto Max and Lance jumped onto Fidella. "Wait, wait, wait!" Varian called out and Lance grabbed him and pulled him up onto Fidella.

"Alright. Let's see how you like cinnamon taffy!" Monty said before throwing it onto the ground making Max slow down. "Sour balls away!" Monty cried out before releasing green sour balls. A sour ball landed in Lance, Fidella, and Varian's mouths. "So good, but sour!" Lance said and Varian shrugged his shoulders. "They're not that sour." Monty released a handful of red gum balls towards the group. "Oh, no! Not the gumballs! Not the gumballs!" Lance cried out. "Nooo!" Lance and Varian yelled as Fidella fell over sending them both to the ground. Lance started eating gumballs as he watched Max run past him. "Tell my story!" Lance called out and Varian rolled his eyes before rubbing off a gumball on his shirt and popping it into his mouth.

Max cut off Monty and his carriage making him stop. "What? Hol-Princess? What is wrong with you?!" Monty asked while Rapunzel and Eugene got off of Max. "I know your secret." Rapunzel said to him. "All right! Alright, fine!" Monty exclaimed stepping down from the carriage. "I found a bunch of stale licorice in my back room. I was just trying to get rid of it! Lock me up! It's wrong! It was wrong!" Monty yelled holding his hands out waiting to be cuffed. "No! Wait, what? No, I'm talking about the wolf's curse." Rapunzel said and they both started to circle each other.