Téir Abhaile Riu

(A/n): I'm going to be 100% honest with you guys. I made this chapter months ago because I was so stoked about it. This is probably one of my favorite chapters that I've written so far. This chapter is also why I updated quite a bit more than I usually do this week and last week. But I really hope you guys enjoy it!

(Y/n)'s POV:

I sat laid in the long grass of the meadow on my stomach with a quill and a piece of parchment in my hand. Sunny sat next to me in the sun enjoying the peace and quiet of the meadow. "Maybe we can...no that wouldn't work." I said softly before running my hand through my hair. "The summer solstice is in a few days. Not to mention it's a full moon! I...I wanna do something special." I said staring down at the piece of parchment that had multiple ideas written to only be crossed out.

A shadow casted over me making me look up. "Hey, Sapphires! Hi, Ruddiger. What's up?" I asked with a soft smile. Ruddiger climbed down Varian and crawled onto my back getting comfortable. "Just came to check up on you. It's been a few days since I've seen you." Varian said sitting down in front of me. "Awe, I missed you too." I said with a smile and he rolled his eyes.

"What are you working on?" He asked and I groaned. "The summer solstice is soon and it's going to be a full moon. Do you know what kind of spiritual power that has? I-Im trying to figure out how to put it to good use. Normally when this happened I'd just make spells, potions, moon water, protect the meadow, meditate, or use the energy to manifest something. But now I have to think about the kingdom. I...I do want to use it for the kingdom. Especially after what happened with the red rocks. I'm just not entirely sure about what I should do." I said placing my head on my left hand staring back down at the parchment.

Varian moved so he was next to me. He stared at the paper trying to help me. "What about the rituals you do inside the meadow?" He asked and I looked up at him. "What about them?" I asked tilting my head to the side. "Why don't you do one of those rituals in Corona?" He asked and my eyes widened. "That's...that's not a bad idea. But where would I do it?" I asked before smiling. "I know! The toadstools by the docks are having a hard time growing. Maybe if we do it there the toadstools will grow!" I said and Varian smiled down at me. "That might just work, milady." He said with a soft laugh.

"Okay, Ruddiger. You gotta get off. We have to go tell Rapunzel. We also need to get the others. They can help decorate, make flower crowns, and put everything together!" I said and Varian picked Ruddiger off of my back and I got up. "Let's go!" I said grabbing Varian's hand and running out of the meadow.

We made it all the way to the castle. We were in a room with Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, Catalina, and Kiera. "Wait, you're saying you want to have a moonlight party out by the docks for a protection spell?" Eugene asked and I nodded. "It'll be just like the rituals I've performed in the meadow, but this one we really have to up our game. Since I want to involve as much of Corona as I can, we really need to work hard to make this work." I said and Varian pulled out a board with different drawings on them. "Now, I think that-" "Wait, how soon did you wanna do this?" Rapunzel asked. "In three days." Varian answered. "That's the night the royal family from Neserdnia arrive." She said softly. "With all due respect, Rapunzel, performing a ritual like this on such a night only comes once every blue moon. Besides, after what happened with the red rocks, I think it will be a great way to get Corona's spirits back up. A lot has happened in Corona in such little time. I think we all need this. Besides, they can see it as a welcoming party or whatever. I don't really care about what they think, but this is really important, Rapunzel. " I said softly and Rapunzel nodded.

"Alright, what's the plan?" Rapunzel asked and Varian and I high fived. "Alright! Eugene, Lance, and Max are on decoration duty. I want the entire kingdom covered in decorations! Varian and Ruddiger will handle setting up lights throughout the city. I don't want anyone falling or getting hurt on the way to the docks. The docks, however, won't be as bright. Got that, Sapphs?" I asked and him and Ruddiger saluted me. "Kiera, Catalina, Rapunzel, and Pascal, you three will be working on flower crowns. We'll use only flowers from the meadow. If we use other flowers I'll have to cleanse all of them, and frankly I really don't want to do that. All of the flowers in the meadow are overflowing with positive energy. Sunny and I will take care of the rest. Any questions?" I asked and I saw Lance raise his hand. "Good! Let's get a move on people! We only have so much time."