• 𝐂hapter 14

When Killian broke away from my lips, he didn't pull away, instead, a smug smile crawled on his lips at the sight of my brother's perplexed face

"Hey," he proceeded. "You must be..." He wrinkled his forehead as though it was a difficult thing to remember. "Ah yes! Scott is it? It's a great pleasure meeting you again, although I'd hoped we'd met in a much different circumstance."

I bit the inside of my cheek and slowly peeked to the side. One look at Scott's horrified expression made my gut tighten. I turned away swiftly, attempting to tug my body away from Killian's but he didn't relent.

"What the fuck is this?" The grocery bags in his hand dropped to the ground with a thud, his eyes narrowing to slits as he stormed towards us.

Shit.

"Killian, let me go." I urged, trying to break free from his grasp but he held me tight. "Killian he's going to —"

Before I could as much as get my words out, I was pushed away to the side, left to watch as my brother threw all of his weight behind a punch that slammed into Killian's jaw.

Oh my god.

The loud cracking sound made bile immediately rise in my throat, and for a second, I thought I was going to vomit right there on the floor.

Killian stumbled back a few paces. "Christ." He chuckled, his hand going to soothe his jaw. "I gotta say, man, you hit like a bitch."

"You fucking son of a-!" Scott lunged at him again and the two men collided right in front of me.

Killian laughed humorlessly. "Brings back memories, doesn't it?"

Scott clenched his fist again. I couldn't take this.

"Stop." I implored, finally managing to speak as I stepped in front of him, my back to Killian. "Both of you. Stop!"

Killian hissed. "He started it."

Scott growled, balling his fists as he met his glare dead on. "I swear I'll finish it."

God, I felt sick, really sick. "I said stop! Stop okay. You can't just come in here and start throwing punches, Scott."

"I wouldn't have to if you weren't busy kissing this dick head!" He snapped at me.

Honestly, I didn't know myself but at this point, I just wanted everyone out of my house.

I heaved out a breath. "I'm twenty-six years old, Scott. I can pretty much kiss who I want."

"I don't give a goddamn how old you are! This isn't fucking right!" He barked, towering over me.

I fisted my arm on my hip and squared my shoulders at him. "Don't you think you're overreacting just a little?"

"Overreacting?" He laughed. "That's rich coming from the one kissing the asshole who had unprotected sex with her and then got her pregnant."

His utterance had left me utterly speechless. I parted my lip but nothing came out because deep down I knew he was right. What the hell was I doing kissing Killian, the man who had threatened to take my child if I didn't bend my morals to accommodate his?

When I remained silent for more than a minute. Killian stepped forward from behind me. "Stop embarrassing your sister. And not that it's any of your business, but we did use protection, it just happened."

My brother's glare shifted. "Well, I hope you intend to take care of this accident because my sister will not suffer the consequences of both your mistake alone.

"Well I'm here aren't I?" He drawled, matching his glare.

"You wouldn't have to be if you hadn't fucked her and—"

"Stop." I cut Scott. "Please stop okay. I know you care and I know you're upset but please just stop. This is between me and Killian."

"Back off your sister," Killian added. "Take it out of me when we're alone. One brother-in-law to another."

"Brother in law?!"

Jesus Christ.

I felt my blood go cold and my skin turn ashen.

The vein in his forehead pulsated as his gaze snapped to me and then to the ring on my finger. "What the hell is he talking about, Hope?!"

I looked down. I couldn't even look at him, and at this point, I wished for nothing more than to be swallowed whole by mother earth.

When I didn't respond and still didn't look at him, he reached for my shoulders and began to shake me harshly, demanding the answers I didn't have.

"Scott please stop," I implored, trying to free myself from his grip but he just kept shaking. "Talk to me! Say something!"

I took in sharp breaths, my breathing becoming uneven. I felt lightheaded, dizzy, weak, nauseous, and in pain, and if he didn't stop I was going to vomit and pass out. "Hope!"

Killian suddenly stepped forward and pulled me away harshly. "Back the fuck off," he sneered. "We're getting married, deal with it."

"What the fuck!" His temper sprang into another wave of action and he grabbed a hold of my hand, pulling me back to him.

"Tell me he's fucking spitting bullcrap and you're not marrying him. Tell me now Hope!"

I parted my lips but nothing came out.  I already started feeling my head spin and the two men in front of me slipped away as the corner of my eyes clocked into darkness.

"Scott..." I trailed off, suddenly grasping him for support. "I don't feel so good..." My heart raced as my chest tightened and my knees buckled. Nausea crept from my abdomen to my head and before I knew it, what looked like black clouds pressed their way into my vision. The world went black, the only thing heard being Killian's voice.

"Hope!"