• 𝐂hapter 49

Today, I had woken up completely wrapped around Hope with my hand on her baby bump

It was utterly amazing how I went from waking up alone and hungover, to waking up with a wife who was carrying my child, and—most astonishing of all—was in love with me.

Little moans left her lips as she stirred and turned so her back was on the bed.

"I feel so tired..." She groaned, stretching her arms going over her head in an attempt to work sleep out of her muscles but it only made the sheets covering her body fall, bringing those nipples to sight and the morning chill made it instantly hard.

Unable to resist, I lowered the sheet more and flicked one stiff peak with my tongue.

She jerked. "Ow, they're sensitive, Killian."

"I just want to nibble a little." I pulled a nipple into my mouth and sucked hard.

"Killian, ah." She arched again and the extremely erotic sound she made shot through me, fueling me with the appetite to do more but the moment I sucked hard again and felt a foreign substance going down my throat, I pulled away.

"What in the world did I just swallow?"

She was grinning smugly at me; like she had expected it. "Breast milk."

Jesus Christ. "I just drank your... breast milk?"

"I wanted to tell you that I had started lactating but you probably wouldn't have believed me so I let you find out yourself."

Oddly, it didn't taste bad. It was sweet in a way then at some point grainy but the idea of sucking it out of her breast was off-putting.

"Don't be such a baby about it." She chuckled, noticing the irritable look of distress on my face. "Most men do it to their wives."

I slipped out of bed and fetched my toothbrush. "Hope. Honey, as much as I love your tits, I'm not sucking milk out of them again and I don't care which other man does it."

"Well, at least you know how it tastes now."

"I'd rather I didn't."

When she laughed, my heart fluttered with a raw-edged emotion. A fierce feeling shook through my core and I smiled, not sure for how long I just stood there staring, but when the taste started to get weird in my mouth, I walked away.

WHEN I ARRIVED AT WORK, I walked into my office with a fresh cup of coffee and a smile on my face, one that Cleo didn't fail to notice because she got up from my desk and looked at me like I was going to pull out a gun any minute from now.

"Sir," A faint frown line indented her smooth brow. "Is...everything okay?"

Aside from the fact that I drank my wife's breast milk, I've never felt better. I smiled at her. "Send me my schedule for the day."