• 𝐂hapter 39

It had taken me half an hour to convince myself that I didn't need to overreact, that I could just wait for him to come home and we could handle this amicably but the moment I stormed into the four walls of Killian's company, I felt my anger grow ...

It had taken me half an hour to convince myself that I didn't need to overreact, that I could just wait for him to come home and we could handle this amicably but the moment I stormed into the four walls of Killian's company, I felt my anger grow to a measurable length.

Fuck my subconscious trying to talk me out of this. I'd had enough of him messing with my life and I wasn't going to deal with his crap anymore.

"Mrs. Fobster." His secretary got up at my entrance. Cleo was it? Her eyes filled with surprise. "Good morning, I wasn't-"

"Where is Killian?" I cut her, not giving two shits about her greeting because I was angry. I was so fucking angry with him. Swear to God, he'd walked over me with this.

She blinked twice, silently pointing to his office door. "He's currently having a meeting with the-"

I didn't let her finish, I clutched my purse tightly to my side and advanced towards his door.

"No, no, you can't!" She yelled after me with sheer alarm in her voice but it was too late because I stormed right in without knocking and immediately greeted the three sets of startled eyes that met mine.

Everyone except Killian spared me a glance. He was sitting there, wearing indifference as he kept his gaze down on his laptop-like he'd expected this- like he'd anticipated this.

"Gentlemen." He finally spoke, earning back their attention. "Why don't you excuse my wife and I for a moment."

They nodded in understanding, all getting up and picking up their clipboards as they exited.

"Sir." The fear in Cleo's eyes was palpable as she stood by the door. "I'm sorry. I tried to stop her."

"It's fine. Leave us."

She nodded and the moment the door closed behind her, I snapped. "How could you close down Mr. Joe's shop? Do you think you're the wizard of Oz or the President?! You can't go around making people's lives miserable for your own self-satisfaction!"

I heard a sigh escape his lips as he got up and began to make his way toward the bottle of cognac on the glass table. "Is this why you rudely disruption of my meeting?" He drawled, still not looking at me.

"Yes, it is!" I stumped my foot. "How could you do a thing like that?"

"Do you have any way to prove it was me?"

Was he kidding me?

"Are you really going to play that card?!"

He kept me silent, deliberately obtuse, pushing me to my limits, knowing sooner or later I was going to snap. "Answer me!"

Dropping his glass back on the glass table, he looked over his shoulder at me and spoke tonelessly. "I'm not fighting with you, kitten. I'm not doing this with you."