• 𝐂hapter 35

Bleeding

Bleeding.

The minute my mother barged into the room and told me that Hope had been bleeding, my blood ran cold.

"What do you mean she's bleeding?" I was breathing heavily, trying to catch my breath from nearly being strangled to death by my father who seemed as shocked as I was. "I don't fucking understand."

My mother panicked in front of me, her hands red with blood, Hopes blood. "She's losing your baby Killian, we need to get her to the hospital!"

"Where the hell is she?"

"She's in the study. Hurry!"

I forgot everything else right after those words and raced out of the door but the moment I barged into the room and saw her sitting on the chair, the look of pure torture on her face as linings of blood stained her thighs and then slid down her legs, I froze. It felt like someone had cracked open my ribs and squeezed the life out of my beating heart.

Hope.

Blood.

The baby.

"Killian don't just stand there, do something!" Mother barked at me and air rushed back into my lungs, forcing my adrenaline rush.

I didn't think, I didn't rationalize, I rushed to her side, placed her hand over my shoulder, and carefully scooped her into my arms. "Killian," her body was burning hot and the rusty scent of her blood was making me light-headed. "The baby, I'm losing my—"

"Shut up. Don't say anything, just shut up."

With an inexplicable horror coursing through me, I hurried out and down the stairs and barked orders at one of the bodyguards to start up the car.

"Killian!" She was wailing in my arms now, making it harder to concentrate. "It hurts. I don't want to lose my baby."

"I said shut up, you're not losing anything!" I hadn't meant to shout at her and I wanted to apologize for that but fuck it. Get her to the hospital first then apologize with your tongue later.

I helped her into the backseat and entered.

Mother came rushing out the door. "I'll get the room cleaned up and meet you at the hospital." Panic made her movements too quick.

I simply nodded, unable to fathom anything other than Hope's wails and tears. She was calling out my name repeatedly, clutching and un-clutching my shirt as the driver drove with mad speed.

I looked down at her and found a trickle of teardrop filtering down her face. She was sweating, pale. Too pale.

"You'll be fine," I assured her as my heart ached in agony. Seeing her in so much pain made me so fucking angry that I wanted to punch my hand into a wall until it drew blood. "Stay with me okay," I commanded desperately, holding on to her tightly. "It's going to be fine."