• 𝐂hapter 24

I spent the first thirty minutes of my day convincing myself that last night was just one big undesirable dream and I wasn't the one who got fucked to oblivion

It simply couldn't be me. Someone else was moaning, sweating, and grabbing the sheets. Someone else was squirming, quivering, and... Oh my god, begging.

I believed that if I closed my eyes tight enough and wished it all away it would leave but who was I kidding?

The delicious soreness between my thighs definitely didn't come as a result of self-pleasure. He'd been the one, the smell of sex all over the sheets proved it. I also remembered it vividly; the whispers of sweet nothings, my thumping heart, the heat of his skin, his weight on me, the warmth of his mouth, his fingers, his—the content in my stomach slashed around. I clapped my hand over my mouth and shuffled my way to the bathroom to double over the toilet and vomit until the only thing coming out were horrible dry heaves.

Sighing, I flushed and walked to the sink to rinse my face.

God, I was a mess. I couldn't believe I did that.

I was a total naive lout. He told me I was tempting and then what? I ran back to his arms and kissed him like a scene in those cringe-worthy Korean movies.

And, worst of all I...liked it.

And I wanted to do it again.

I shook my head. This was the reason why I rarely allowed my heart do the thinking instead of my head. It always got me into trouble.

Returning to the bedroom, I plopped back on the bed, remembering I was still naked with shame and about to pick up a nightdress when Killian walked into the room with a small tray in his hand.

My heart leaped into my mouth as I huddled back into bed and pulled the blanket over my body.

He looked like he'd just taken an early morning run, wearing nothing but his soaked black shorts and I tried not to let my eyes wander down but they did and woah, I still couldn't believe that thing had been inside me last night.

No. Get a grip. I shook the thought away.

"Morning." He moved toward me and my body stiffened when he sat on the edge of the bed. The mattress dipped under his weight. Heck, even when sweaty he smelt good.

"Morning," I murmured, snuggling further into the blanket as I motioned to the tray in his hand. "What's that?"

"Mother wanted us to have an early morning treat, she says it helps makes your day better." He set the tray on the nightstand and picked a piece. "Try it."

I shook my head. "Maybe later."

"Just a piece." He compelled.

I shook my head again. "No, I'm really not—" He pushed the cream cookie between my parted lips and I gasped a little, involuntarily biting down on the flaky goodness.