• 𝐂hapter 15

I was certain I had officially lost my mind

That was the only plausible reason for my behavior today.

Fuck. I was such an idiot; a fucked up moron who kissed the woman he swore he hated and what's more fucked up was that I couldn't stop thinking of the other places I wanted to kiss her.

The need to taste her, to smell of her, the feel of her so close against me had gotten so out of control that it was almost unmanageable.

It was sick and so fucked up, and now to fuck it up, even more, she was in the hospital after passing out, leaving me propped against the wall of the private ward while watching her shitface of a brother prance around with both hands pulling his hair in a clear show of frustration.

"Relax will you," I hissed in annoyance. "You're making me fucking dizzy,"

"It's all my fault," he panicked, cursing under his breath like a crazed man.

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself off the wall. While his protectiveness and loyalty toward Hope fascinated me, it didn't stop me from saying my next words. "I'm glad you accept it. I'll have you know that if anything happens to my child, I'll send a thousand lawsuits down your throat."

"This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't slept with my sister and knocked her up."

The words breezed past my ears with a whoosh and I caught the edge of resentment in his tone. "I saw an invitation for a good fuck and I took it like any man would. It's not my fault she couldn't keep her legs closed." I deadpanned, unaffected. "That's your family's problem."

"You Motherfucker!" He came charging at me again, prepared to take a swing but I grabbed his arm and slammed him against the wall with my hand pressed against his chest.

"I let you hit me once, it won't be happening again, and the only reason why I haven't twisted your fucking wrists and beaten you to a pulp is because I don't want Hope going through the troubles of treating your bruises. Know your place."

I let him off and smoothened my shirt, just about when the door sprung open to reveal a nurse in blue scrubs. Her Creole orbs glanced between us, not failing to notice the brewing rippling tension. "Are you family?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm her husband."

The word felt foreign in my mouth. I never wanted to use it again.

"Fiance." Scott corrected, stepping in front of me. He turned to the nurse. "I'm her brother, I'll go in."

"She conceived my child in all fours, begging me to spank her." I gruffed, nudging him aside. "I think I'm more qualified than he'll ever be. I'll go in."

The look on the nurse's face was that of pure horror. She smiled nervously, watching as we glared down at each other like we were about to brawl. "Why don't you both go in, she's awake now."