Chapter 2: The Three

Kaminari woke up in cold sweat, breathing heavily, thinking about what and who he just saw. When he calmed down, he started feeling a massive headache, which was so painful that he was contemplating whether to just call in sick or go to school. He didn't want to be thinking very hard at the time, so he got out of bed and started getting ready for school. 

Kaminari came down for breakfast, thinking that it'll help his headache. It did not. It made him feel dizzier because the food was smelling so good it made his headache worse. Not only that, the rest of his senses were suddenly heightened, more specifically his hearing. Anyone who talked even just a little too loud just felt like needles in Kaminari's brain. Kirishima took notice of Kaminari's behavior at breakfast, and also took note that Kaminari didn't really eat anything at breakfast, which is odd because he normally chows down his food like it's no tomorrow. 

They walked towards the school and Kaminari was quieter than normal. In fact, Kaminari was so spaced out that he'd sometimes walk in the wrong direction without noticing. When they got to class, instead of heading over to talk to the others in our class, he went right to his desk, sat down, and put his head on his desk. Throughout class, Kirishima caught Kaminari rubbing his temples and the base of his head, signs that point to Kaminari having a bad headache. Kirishima originally thought it was normal because he normally got overwhelmed by the stuff we got taught in class, but he kept doing it all throughout class. Kirishima then thought it wasn't going away. It wasn't a normal headache that Kaminari gets when he's overwhelmed, they normally pass within a few minutes. Kirishima then put together the events he saw at breakfast and what he was doing in class, he assumed that Kaminari woke up with this headache, and it wasn't going away.

When it was time for their first break of the day Kirishima walked up to Kaminari, who had his head down on his desk again.

"Hey bro, you okay?" Kirishima asked.

Kaminari looked up, he had a tired expression on his face. "Hey bro, yeah I'm fine, it's just a simple headache."

"I don't think it's a simple headache, from how you've been acting at breakfast and even now, you woke up with this headache didn't you?" Kirishima asked the blonde.

"Yeah, but it's not serious, it'll pass soon," Kaminari said. Kaminari knew he wasn't okay, but he didn't want to bother his friend. His vision started to blur a bit, to the point he was starting to see two Kirishima in front of him. 

Kirishima noticed the way Kaminari looked at him. His eyes looked like they were able to focus, and he was blinking several times. "Hey Kaminari, how many fingers am I holding up?" Kirishima held up 2 fingers in front of Kaminari's face.

Kaminari deadpanned. "You really wanna play this game?"

"I just wanna make sure it's not too serious," Kirishima replied.

Kaminari sighed. "I see four fingers. There, happy?"

Kirishima put his hand down and grabbed Kaminari's arm. "Nope, we're going to Recovery Girl's office."

"Wait what? Why?"

"Because I was holding up 2 fingers, yet you said 4." Kirishima dragged Kaminari out of the classroom.

"Okay okay, I can walk myself you know," Kaminari said.

"Well, your vision isn't doing so well so I'm not letting you walk to Recovery Girl's office by yourself," Kirishima stated.

"Fine," Kaminari said. He might've acted like he was fine during the walk there, but he sure wasn't. Kaminari kept losing his balance while walking, and couldn't really see anything ahead of him. Kirishima was glad he tagged along because he didn't think Kaminari would've made it out of the classroom on his own. Soon they finally got to Recovery Girl's office and they walked in.