Chapter 62: A Weird Family Reunion

"You sure I can't just get a hotel for tonight and see you guys later this afternoon?" Kaminari asked. He wasn't trying to be rude, but his body, because of how his quirk worked, was about to collapse from exhaustion. He was blinking a lot to try and stay up so he could continue walking and not run into some pole on the sidewalk. He thought he could keep up the act of trying to be humble and not bother them at this ungodly hour of the morning and not need much rest, but the yawns that kept coming were betraying him. 

"Why are you so insistent on not spending the night with us? I mean we'd be able to take you to the Agatsuma's place quickly when you're ready," Sumihiko told him.

"I think it's because he wants to collapse on a bed right now rather than continue walking in the city to get to our place," Kanata guessed.

"I mean... that and I just don't want to bother your family with me staying so suddenly," Kaminari admitted.

"We're not that far, how did you get so exhausted so quickly?" Sumihiko asked.

"Didn't you just see him finish off one of the strongest demons earlier?" Kanata countered. 

"Well, yeah, I get that, but you didn't seem that tired when you were talking to us about all the demon stuff and how we're all distantly related," Sumihiko said.

"There's this really amazing thing in our bodies that lets us power through anything even if we aren't supposed to," Kaminari said.

"Ooooh really? What's it called?" Sumihiko asked, seeming very curious about this thing.

"It's called adrenaline, it's super crazy I swear," Kaminari answered.

"Awww, I thought you meant something else, adrenaline isn't THAT amazing," Sumihiko commented.

"You'd be surprised. A friend of mine breaks his bones if he uses his quirk too much, when he does during a fight, he's able to keep using the limbs and his quirk because of the adrenaline rush he's getting at that moment," Kaminari said.

"I think I know who you're talking about, he was in the Sports Festival right?" Kanata asked.

"Yep, he was really scary watching him fight with Todoroki at the time," Kaminari said, grimacing at the memory.

"No wonder you look familiar! You're the guy with the electricity quirk that got beat by the vine girl in like 3 seconds," Sumihiko commented.

"Yeah, but I think you realize I'm nowhere near the same strength as I was before," Kaminari said.

"Probably because you used your quirk correctly, right?" Sumihiko asked.

"Yeah... you could tell?"

"Not at first, but from what I saw from the fight earlier compared to the Sports Festival, you were using your quirk differently. You lasted longer in this fight than you did back then so I assume the correct way of using your quirk isn't what you did in the Sports Festival?" 

"Yeah... honestly no one knew what my quirk really was, we thought it was Electrification so I was taught to use it as such. Just found out pretty recently that I've only been using a part of my quirk and I wasn't even using it correctly. After correcting it, I've been fighting a lot easier even without the use of my sword as you can tell," Kaminari said.

"Having your sword is still nice, isn't it?" Kanata asked.

"Especially if I want to continue fighting demons and the Demon King, then yes, I need it. After this though, I probably will still use it since using my quirk takes a lot of energy and a lot of time to regain it," Kaminari replied.

"That's true, plus that form of yours is a bit scary," Sumihiko said, trying to make a lighthearted joke about the hazy future.

"Yeah, so I've heard," Kaminari said, remembering what Ashido said when she first saw him fighting Muzan.