Chapter 26: Runaways

Midoriya watched a cop car pass by, then looked over at Kaminari, who nodded at the fact that there were no more around. Both of them walked down the hill, down to a worried and kinda hysterical guy.

"What's going on?! You two are murderers and I'm your accomplice?! When did we end up being buddies? Explain yourselves!"

"We don't know either... how it all ended up like this," Midoriya said.

"No, you know something, you said something like Code: Taisho earlier right?"

"Code: Taisho isn't something you need to worry about, it's a person in the police force that's probably not the best person in the world," Kaminari said.

"See! You do know! So let's go back and fix things up! You guys are heroes right?"

Kaminari flinched at hearing that for some reason, as if he no longer identified as one, even though he has a hero name and identity.

"The police fired without asking any questions, and we were even attacked by a villain," Midoriya said.

"And they had Code: Taisho as a backup just in case, and they probably know that he very well would've killed us without hesitation. Therefore, we assume that they don't care if we are dead or alive," Kaminari added.

"HOW DANGEROUS IS THIS "CODE: TAISHO" GUY?!"

"Dangerous, but you shouldn't worry about it, let me take care of them if we end up crossing paths," Kaminari said.

"In other words, I don't think they're after us," Midoriya said.

"Wait- they're after this?!" he picked up the case and was going to open it.

"Wait, I can tell what's in the case if you just shake it," Kaminari said, making sure they don't leave a mess that'll be traced to them.

"Oh yeah, uh, alright." He shook the case and let Kaminari take a listen, after a few seconds, it proved to be worth it.

"There is something weird in there, it's very secure, which is why I didn't hear it right away because it wasn't budging," Kaminari said.

"Well then let's look for it."

They looked all over the case with no luck, so much for not making a mess.

"It doesn't look like there's anything special here," Midoriya said.

"But there is! Gimme a sec," Kaminari said, grabbing the empty case and shaking it. It didn't take as long because he shook it hard and there wasn't anything else in the case. "There is something else here, just where is it." He kept shaking it and listening over and over, until he found the corner of the case was a secret compartment. "Here."

When he took out the secret compartment, a small little weird puzzle came out of it, neither of them recognized it, so they assumed it was what they were looking for.

"Great! Now we can return it to them and we'll be off," he said as he tried to grab the puzzle.

Kaminari heard him try to move toward him and moved his hand away from where he was gonna grab it. "We can't, the police aren't gonna do anything, so we gotta take this and get out of here." Kaminari put everything back into the case, including the mysterious puzzle, and sealed it shut.

"The case is useless, why keep it?"

"It'll give away the fact that we were here, and if we just leave the case behind and run, they'll know that we have what they want," Kaminari answered.

"So, what do we do now?"

"We'll run," both Kaminari and Midoriya said together.

"No matter what the situation is, we can't fight against the police," Midoriya said.