Chapter 42: The Start of An Ending

"So... who's ready for this?" Midoriya asked.

"Seems like a simple trip, what's the big deal and why do we need this many extras to do it?" Bakugo said.

"Obviously there's more than meets the eye," Todoroki said. "Kaminari was really tense too, granted it's pretty late, so he might be worried about killing demons in front of the pros."

"I don't think it's just that," Midoriya said.

"Huh? What do you mean Deku?" Bakugo asked.

"Kaminari hasn't reported any Uppermoons since last month, even though he's been more secretive lately, I doubt he would hide a report like that. Just like how the League has been quiet recently, the Uppermoons have been too, so maybe something big will happen with them here with the League. Or maybe, he's thinking about today being the day he faces him..." Midoriya thought out loud.

Bakugo's eyes widened when Midoriya said that, connecting the dots of why Kaminari was acting the way he was that morning. Todoroki however, he didn't exactly catch on.

"Who's "him"? All For One?" Todoroki asked.

"No dumbass..." Bakugo said. "The one we're worried about is the one Kaminari's after, All For One's right-hand man is the one we're talking about."

"The Demon King..."

"Muzan Kibutsuji"

————

Kaminari was over with the pros he was supposed to "help out" with. Though some of them (mainly the ones he didn't know and never interacted with) just looked at him and questioned why he was there with them. Though one group of particular heroes was getting annoying, they kept making snide remarks as they saw Kaminari checking on his support items, more specifically, him sharpening his sword. They weren't exactly obvious about it, but they weren't subtle about it either. Kaminari could tell that the heroes who knew what was going on were starting to get annoyed, but for some reason they wouldn't speak up. The group of heroes probably thought they were quiet enough for Kaminari not to hear their comments, but they didn't know that Kaminari could hear them loud and clear. Kaminari was content to just sharpening his sword with a sharpening stone and ignoring the comments, that is until he heard the last few comments.

"Honestly, I'm surprised that Endeavor gave him a work-study."

"Yeah, probably because his son begged him to do it since he didn't have anywhere else to go."

"Totally, probably the same thing for the green kid, you know? The one who else hurts themselves just by using their quirk."

"Oh yeah, actually I heard he initially had another work-study lined up, but it looks like they let some people go and he didn't make the cut."

Kaminari got super pissed off at that, so pissed off that he gripped the sharpening rock so hard it practically shattered. Everyone looked over at Kaminari when he did that, seeing his hair covering his eyes and his face darken. Kaminari got up and walk over to the group of heroes he's been listening to the entire time, his face darkened the whole time. The heroes that knew him, for the most part, were silent as they saw him walk over, though the ones that didn't (specifically the group of problematic heroes) were questioning what was going on.

"You got a problem kid?"

"Yeah, in fact, I do," Kaminari said, stopping a bit of distance from them, which weirded them out.

"What? Are you gonna show how much your little sword can do besides cut a few twigs?" One of them said in a mocking tone.

Kamui Woods' and Mount Lady's eyes widened at that comment, then made the connection between him and the vigilante that rescued them from Ragnarok.