Chapter 61: A Surprise Encounter

"Walk and talk? Do you even know where you're going? You seem new around here," one of the civilians asked. The civilian questioning Kaminari was the one who brought the sword later in the fight with Upper Five. He had straight black hair that was cut pretty short, his eyes were mixtures of violet and purple, which held a pretty stoic expression. Even so, since Kaminari was quite used to Todoroki's stoic expressions, he could tell the difference in his original expression to the one he was making now.

"Well... I'm kinda looking for someone," Kaminari started off with, scratching the back of his neck, not exactly lying to the people who helped him win a big fight.

"Was it that guy?" The other civilian asked, the one that Kaminari saved earlier, pointing in the direction where the body once was.

"No, not at all, I wasn't expecting him to be here," Kaminari said.

"So you know who he is? Or was, I guess."

"I do, unfortunately," Kaminari said, looking away from the two and staring at the road in front of them.

"What has he done that was so bad that you had to kill him?"

Kaminari sighed as he walked, knowing that the question was gonna come up, but still wasn't all that happy to answer it. "Well, for starters, he's a demon."

"A demon?"

"Yeah, because of that he gets to live forever since demons are practically immortal. Other things along the lines of special demon powers is that they have this power called "Blood Demon Arts", it's like a quirk but combating them isn't the same. The way they work is fundamentally different, sure they might be able to do the same things, but you can't get rid of a Blood Demon Art's effects like you can with a quirk. Long story short, it's more dangerous than any other quirk there is, well with the exception of All For One," Kaminari said.

"That doesn't give you the right to kill them, does anyone know you're doing this?"

"Yeah, a few pretty powerful people know and they agree. You see, to have these amazing abilities there comes a cost, like all things in this world. The cost is that demons have to consume human flesh and blood to survive and grow stronger. They crave it, and it only gets stronger the more power they gain. Of course, people normally just get thrown into prison for a long time or for life, but doing that to a demon would do nothing since they're immortal. Even so, killing them still is hard since they are practically immortal, but of course everything has a weakness. I know that weakness, and it's not easy to use it, so I chose to be the person to wield it since I was already good at it from the start," Kaminari said.

"They're weakness is the sun, isn't it? You said that the way to defeat that guy was to last till dawn or use a Nichiren sword since it absorbs sunlight. Right?"

"Correct, and since Nichiren swords are almost extinct we can't have every hero in Japan running around with one of these. I had one at my disposal already and knew what to do when it came to fighting them. Because of that I was the one that was assigned to fighting and killing them with no repercussions," Kaminari said.

"If you're so good then how come you don't have a Nichiren sword of your own right now?"

"Well, my last fight was with the strongest demon of them all... the Demon King Muzan Kibutsujj," Kaminari started with.

Both of the civilians' stopped walking as their eyes widened in surprise, having a feeling of where the explanation was going.

Kaminari noticed they stopped walking and immediately turned around to look at them with a sheepish expression. "Before you guys imagine the worst let me say this, I actually held out with my sword for about 9 and a half hours. The last half hour though, my friends decided to try intervening, which made them targets for the Demon King. I jumped into action so quickly that I broke my form slightly, and that small error made my blade snap in half. I survived that fight because of my quirk, which is what I was using until you threw this Nichiren sword at me," Kaminari explained.