Chapter 36: Interactions

"Kaminari! Dinner is going to be ready soon!" 

Kaminari heard that through the door to his dorm. He woke up to Shinso not being anywhere around the room, and his jacket, tie, and shoes set aside while he slept. He remembered the events of what happened that afternoon, the hugs that Shinso gave him, and the comforting feelings he felt when he was in his arms. He also remembered how he acted in front of Shinso, crying the way he did and then falling asleep in his arms. He felt embarrassed by everything he did in front of him, his cheeks heated up just from the thought of it. 

"Shinso... I'm so sorry about that..." Kaminari said to himself while shoving his face in his hands. 

"Sorry about what?"

Kaminari shrieked, slightly jumping up and backing up in his bed, though because he was in his bed he didn't go very far. "Who was that?"

"You know, you're hearing is on my level yet you still have trouble recognizing me."

Kaminari blinked for a second, the voice registering in his head, but he couldn't really place the voice.

"You still don't recognize the God of Festivities?"

Kaminari blinked again with realization, a name and face registering in his head from the voice he heard. "Uzui?"

"FINALLY!!! Why did it take forever for you to remember my name?!" He shouted out, which in turn made the headache that Kaminari already had worse.

"Can you please keep it down when you're in my head? I have a headache right now and it gets loud in there fast," Kaminari said, rubbing his temples.

"Fine, whatever," Uzui grumbled. "Anyways, what did you do to your friend?"

"I... um..." Kaminari stuttered, thinking about the whole interaction with Shinso, his cheeks getting hot at the thought of it. "It's nothing you need to worry about."

"Ahhh, trust me, as someone who had three wives-"

"THREE WIVES?!" Kaminari interrupted.

"Yeah, I thought you knew that, you have Zenitsu's memories of my wives you know," Uzui told him.

"Oh yeah..."

"Anyways, as someone who had three wives and a few children of my own, I can tell when someone's falling in love," Uzui said in a teasing way.

"In love?! No way! Like, I guess me and Shinso are good friends, especially after everything I just told him-"

"Wait you like guys?" Uzui asked, interrupting Kaminari's rant.

"No... I don't know! Maybe? I think I could if it was the right guy. But like, girls... you had three wives you get what I'm saying right?"

"With the girls part yeah, not the whole questioning your interest in guys part," Uzui told him.

"Why did you bring this up in the first place?" Kaminari asked.

"Because you were all flustered and blushing like crazy, so I thought making you admit it might help," Uzui said.

"I am not blushing!" Kaminari claimed, his cheeks betraying him.

"Yeah... sure you aren't," Uzui said.

"Okay, I guess me and Shinso are pretty good friends and all, but like, I haven't been around him much or have gotten to know him enough to even catch feelings. How could I have a crush if I barely know him?" Kaminari asked.

"I have a feeling you know each other more than you think, and even then you know there's a thing called love at first sight?" Uzui said.

"That's more for romance stories, that doesn't happen in real life," Kaminari told him.