Chapter 45: Hospital Raid Pt. 2

Back at Jaku Hospital, Mirko kept fighting off the High-End Nomus, as they quickly recovered from her previous attacks. 

"I ain't... landing hits anymore," Mirko thought, realizing the position she's in. "And it's not cuz they're wearing me down... I know my body better than anyone. But their eyes, it's like they're awake now! This's fun, but..."

"No choice..." Mirko said. She then ran off, going to the back of the lair to find and capture the doctor rather than continue fighting the Nomu. 

"Off toward the doctor again?" one of the Nomu said. "Foolish woman."

The Nomus all attacked her at once, striking her at a different part of her body. 

"Nrrgh! Gotta reach the old fart! And Shigaraki!" Mirko thought. "Quick as a rabbit! It's no sweat. Just focus on running. If you're gonna die, get the job done first... Mirko!"

Once Mirko reached the end of the hall, she jumped up prepared for another kick. As she was in the air, one of the Nomu that followed her struck her leg, causing her to scream out in pain. 

"Cramped in here."

"ARGHHHHHH!" Mirko screamed out in pain. "NOT DONE YET! BECAUSE A HERO NEVER, EVER GIVES UP!"

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"The small-time Nomu popped out from here," Endeavor thought. "This path should be..."

"A shortcut!" Endeavor shouted out, not knowing what he was gonna find when he entered the next room.

Crust was holding back the giant Nomu in the hallway, it was so big it was completely blocking the hallway off. 

"WHAT'S THE HOLDUP CRUST?!" 

"ENDEAVOR!" Crust called out. "This one's regeneration is giving us trouble!"

"Don't worry," someone said. "I'll erase it."

Just as Aizawa said that, Mic came in and started screaming, which got a reaction out of the Nomu. Endeavor started fighting the Nomu, burning and punching through them. 

"Under its skin, layers and layers of bone," Endeavor thought.

"Endeavor!" Aizawa called out. "After staring at the two in front there was a brief lag before I spotted the one in the back," Aizawa thought. "HURRY UP AND FINISH THAT ONE OFF!" Aizawa shouted at Endeavor.

"Voice, Shield, Laser, Physical Enhancement, Saber," one the Nomu thought, going through all the heroes. "So the one nullifying my quirks right now must be... that one. I was disabled the moment he appeared. But what triggered it? He didn't touch me, he's hiding his eyes, could it be sight? It must be! But how do you undo the effect? Is it on a time limit? Or maybe..."

"It's running!" one of the heroes said as the Nomu ran off. "Even just its body alone is capable of insane speed!"

"Wait... is it avoiding my gaze on purpose?!" Aizawa thought. 

The Nomu regenerated its body as soon as it could. Then using a combination of two of its quirks, Liquification and Rupture, it released the attack and destroyed all the glass capsules and parts of Crust's shields.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"The second this guy came into view, my body just knew," Mirko thought as she was about to kick the capsule she saw Shigaraki in. "My rabbit survival instincts told me that this dude is bad news! This thing! It can't be released into the world! NO MATTER THE COST!!!"