Chapter 70: Desperately Moving Forward

Kaminari and Yoriichi walked into the large estate that they'd been hiding out for the past month. Within a few seconds of walking in, Kaminari could hear Yushiro working in his lab farther into the estate. Kaminari turns to Yoriichi, who shut the door, as he was the last one to enter the place.

"Are we gonna train today since we didn't find any demons to deal with?" Kaminari asked.

"Later, we should have something to eat and rest a bit before getting into a sparring match," Yoriichi responded.

"Got it," Kaminari said, turning away from Yoriichi. "You can prepare it if you want, I'm gonna go check on Yushiro and see how he's doing."

"Sure, it should be ready in about half an hour," Yoriichi said, walking further into the house.

Kaminari walked in a different direction than Yoriichi, heading over to Yushiro's lab. When he walked in, he found the demon furiously working in his lab with test tubes and papers scattered across the room.

"Jeez, looks like a serial killer trying to plot a killing spree," Kaminari said as he walked into the room.

"Well, considering that we are trying to plot the death of Muzan Kibutsuji and all his demons I'd say that's pretty accurate," Yushiro said.

"Not all demons," Kaminari added.

"Right right, that's why this place is a mess right now," Yushiro said.

"So, how's the antidote coming along?" Kaminari asked.

"Well, Kaigaku's blood definitely sped up this process a bit," Yushiro answered. "I thought I saw something off about Upper Five's blood compared to yours and to Tamayo's notes about Nezuko's and the past demons. Kaigaku's blood cleared up all the discrepancies, so I should be able to get this finished up pretty soon."

"Good."

Yushiro tensed at the response, which he found odd as he wasn't intimidated by the slayer at all. He turned around and saw a colder look on Kaminari's face, one that he only started to see after the incident in Haibori Woods. He was wondering where the new intensity came from, as he started asking when the antidote would be ready more often now. Yushiro put down his things to turn back toward Kaminari, who was staring at one of the papers on the other table.

"Hey, what's up with you? You don't usually stick to short and clipped answers. What's going on?" Yushiro asked.

"Nothing," Kaminari responded.

"Right, and I'm capable of turning people into demons," Yushiro commented.

"Wait, you can?! I thought Kibutsuji could only do that?!" Kaminari shouted out in surprise, facing the demon with a shocked face.

"NO, I CAN'T DO THAT! LADY TAMAYO DIDN'T TEACH ME HOW TO TURN A HUMAN INTO A DEMON!" Yushiro shouted in frustration. "And before you ask, yes there is a way, Lady Tamayo turned me into a demon herself without that guy's help. She didn't teach me how to turn a human into a demon before she died, as she didn't think it was necessary. Plus I was the only one she used it on so it wasn't like she did it often anyway, with that in mind I doubt it was an easy process to prepare."

"Oh... I didn't know that..." Kaminari admitted.

"Well that's obvious," Yushiro commented. "About as obvious as your change in behavior since Haibori Woods. I'm not stupid, unlike you, so spit it out."

"Fine fine, I just... wanna have my dad back. Is that too much to ask?" Kaminari said.

"I know that, I'm talking about the other thing that's swirling in your head," Yushiro said. "You didn't go into detail about what happened in those woods or what happened after. But something did happen, and you're getting bothered by it."