Chapter 33: Tragedy Strikes

"So... many... places..." 

Kaminari was looking through the list of places that Nezu gave him that had a high number of casualties. The list was normally about 3-4 places, whether they were towns or cities and they were normally near each other, like the same prefecture. That was when he was patrolling daily, but he hasn't patrolled for demons for over 2 weeks, meaning there wasn't anything to make sure these demons were taken care of. The list now has more than 20 towns and cities throughout the country, all in multiple different prefectures.

"I know my quirk gives me inhuman speed, strength, and endurance, but I don't think I'll be able to get to all of these places on my own in one night," Kaminari thought to himself. "If I wasn't on my own I probably wouldn't have to worry about not hitting all of these in one night, but..."

Kaminari sighed at the list, then looked at the time, seeing that it was only 11 pm, meaning he had about 5-6 hours until he had to be back at the dorms to get a nap in before school started. He looked back over at the list, organizing the list by prefectures, trying to see what prefecture had the most casualty reports from cannibalism. He looked over the top three prefectures that had the most listed, all three scared him. The third highest was the prefecture a few of his classmates originally lived in before they moved to the dorms and where UA was located, the Shizuoka Prefecture. The Chiba Prefecture was the second highest, which is the prefecture that his best friends Ashido and Kirishima grew up in before they came to UA, he was scared for his friends' families. The highest, however, sent chills down his spine, it was the prefecture that he grew up in before he came to UA.

The Saitama Prefecture.

Kaminari's blood ran cold, looking over at the list for the specific areas that were hit. All of which were near his family's home. He immediately stopped organizing his patrol route and headed toward his home, hoping that he was worrying over them for nothing, after all his parents are both retired pro-heroes. But at the same time, their power would do nothing against a demon. Kaminari immediately shut those thoughts down, heading in the direction of home, not thinking about anything but whether or not his parents were okay.

He made it back home in record time, fast enough that he started thinking about just using his quirk to come home rather than taking the train. He snapped himself out of thinking about that and listened for his parents, who would've normally been asleep at this time. Everything in the house was quiet, with no obvious signs of disturbance, Kaminari would've said that everything looked normal and that nothing was wrong. That is until he remembered his now heightened hearing abilities, yet everything was still quiet.

Too quiet.

"I'm pretty sure I should be able to hear my parents breathing or blood flow while they're sleeping, I hear it all the time at the dorms... why can't I hear it now...?"

Kaminari fumbled through his uniform, silently praying that he had his house keys on hand. Of course, he didn't since he didn't plan on visiting anytime soon. He looked around the front door, seeing if his parents left a spare somewhere around the front entrance. To his luck, he found the spare under the biggest flowerpot, which he moved in order to get to the key. Once he opened the front door he walked through the house, looking around for anything off. Everything was everywhere, indoor plants were thrown across the floor along with jackets, papers, books, and all the other house decor that was trashed as well. Kaminari was hoping his parents fought the demon off, but it's a demon, there's no way for them to fight them off. Even so, one thing that still made him uneasy...

Everything was still way too quiet.

He kept looking around, seeing similar scenes over and over with the house decor and everything being trashed and thrown on the floor. He soon stopped dead in his tracks, seeing a sight he wish he never saw and never hoped to see.