Chapter 17: Status Reports

"Good morning everyone, and an auspicious New Year to you all!" Iida greeted. "After returning to class yesterday and getting the chance to get back into routine, today we'll be giving status reports. We will share what we learned, accomplished, and experienced over winter break." Iida then proceeded to point over towards the door. "Everyone please suit up and report to Ground Alpha!"

Aizawa swung the door open, trying to catch his class by surprise. "All right, wrap it up-"

"Happy New Year Mr. Aizawa!" Ashido said as she was walking out of the classroom with her case.

Iida turned over to Aizawa as the class was leaving the room. "I have informed the class of today's agenda."

"I see Iida is revving his engines a lot today," Kaminari stated.

Iida turned over to Kaminari. "Well, you see, Manual- the hero I did my work-study with- is now leading a hero team in Hosu City. I was only with them a week, but in that time, I learned..."

"HOW TO LOOSEN UP!"

Sero laughed, "he's spinning his wheels again

Sero laughed, "he's spinning his wheels again. Like a bike whose chain is always popping off."

Aizawa watched as his students walked out the door and to the locker rooms, getting startled when he heard his name over the intercom.

"Mr. Aizawa. Please report to the staff room."

Over in the girls locker room, the girls spotted Uraraka's new costume that she got over winter break.

"Do I spy a new costume Ochaco? It looks great on ya!" Hagakure commented.

"Oh really? You think so? Phew," Uraraka relaxed at the compliment.

Jiro picked up a part of Uraraka's costume, immediately about to drop it from its weight. "Whoa! Your Urarakawrists are heavy!!"

"Oh! There's wire stuffed inside. Weight isn't much of an issue given my quirk," Uraraka explained while taking her Urarakawrist back.

Now over in the boys locker room with everyone getting their hero costumes on.

"You tamed that wild power?! That was fast dude!" Kirishima told Midoriya.

"Still, I can only shoot it out for a second. Which means pretty limited use, but yeah, it's strong." Midoriya told Kirishima. "Though I don't think I'd be able to hold a candle to how much better Kaminari has gotten with tracking people down with his hearing. It helped us get to the crime scene a lot faster than it would just by listening for reports or commotion."

"Aww come on Midoriya, it's not that big of a deal. I've been able to hear pretty well for a while now, all I improved on was being able to use my quirk with my sword more often and being able to find precisely where things are occurring with my hearing." Kaminari said, scratching his head sheepishly.