Chapter 52: Dance Until Dawn

"Agggh! Come on!" Kaminari shouted out as he laid on his back after slipping and landing on his butt. Kaminari stared up at the ceiling of Gym Gamma, sighing as he thought about his latest attempt at using Sun Breathing.

"You alright?" Shinso asked, bending down to appear right above Kaminari's head, blocking the light above and casting a shadow over Kaminari's face. 

"Yeah, just another failed attempt at using Sun Breathing that's all," Kaminari said.

"I thought you could use it just fine?" Shinso asked.

"Yeah, the individual forms I can use just fine, but combining them for the Thirteenth Form is so much harder for some reason," Kaminari said as he sat up.

Shinso held out his hand to Kaminari, which Kaminari took, and Shinso pulled him up to his feet. 

"Thanks."

"No problem," Shinso replied. "Anyways, why are you so focused on trying to get this one form down?" 

"It's not just one form, it's a combination of all 12 forms in one, the Thirteenth Form, and it was created to kill Muzan Kibutsuji. It was also supposed to be able to be used in rapid succession to increase accuracy and agility the more I use it, which is what I need if I want to fight him till dawn. It was supposed to be aimed at Muzan's vitals, seven hearts and five brains, that move around his body constantly, so constantly using all 12 forms at once should strike at those 12 organs a lot, making him use more energy," Kaminari said.

"Well, maybe it's not working because you're just using it in one spot instead of moving around and using it on an actual opponent," Shinso wondered.

"I'm not using it on you if that's what you're getting to," Kaminari said.

"I hope you don't, I would rather not deal with burns from flames that are as hot as the sun," Shinso said.

"But, how can I try something like that without asking someone or using a practice dummy?" Kaminari asked.

"Maybe... just focus on the individual forms and then combine them when the time is right," Shinso suggested.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"Keep your breathing even, focus on what you know you can do right now, then slowly start combining them into the Thirteenth Form and overwhelm him. I can win this, I can last until dawn," Kaminari thought as he readied his sword to strike.

"I'm not losing to that again, I can't!" Muzan shouted as he sent his whips to Kaminari, except this time he used more whips coming from his thighs along with the 9 whips from his back and 2 that are his arms, making 19 whips in total. 

"Sun Breathing, Third Form:"