Chapter 48: The Chase

"Get... One For All..." a voice said to Shigaraki. It felt familiar to Shigaraki, and he was surprised when he heard it in his head. 

"HELL'S CURTAIN!"

Endeavor released a blanket of flames that engulfed Shigaraki in an instant. 

"That's a whole blanket of Flashfire! You can't run away!" Endeavor shouted out. When Shigaraki didn't move, Endeavor flew into the curtain of fire and saw Shigaraki staring at him as he flew toward him. "I can't let this guy take another step forward!" Endeavor thought. "He's gotta be neutralized fast!"

"JET-"

Endeavor tried to fire off another attack, but Shigaraki flew over to his face and tried to reach for it. Endeavor barely managed to dodge his hand, ducking under Shigaraki's arm to make him fly over.

"No ordinary person could function without protection in this heat," Endeavor thought. "And that speed, right after he got burned?!"

"He regenerated..."

With that thought in mind, he started to wonder if Shigaraki might've become a demon, but then he quickly remembered that they were in the light of the sun, which demons couldn't stand. After coming to that conclusion, he used his flames to turn himself around and end up flying above Shigaraki. He used the momentum from that maneuver to punch Shigaraki into the ground below. 

"ATTENTION ALL! ENDEAVOR HERE!" Endeavor shouted into the comms. "I'VE ENGAGED SHIGARAKI AT THE HOSPITAL RUINS! ANYONE WHO CAN MOVE WITHOUT TOUCHING THE GROUND NEEDS TO FORM A PERIMETER!"

Shigaraki tried to reach for Endeavor again, thinking he would be able to disintegrate him right then and there. Endeavor was quick to react to that however, and grabbed Shigaraki's hand and burned it, landing on the small mountain nearby. Somehow, Shigaraki managed to get Endeavor off of him and tumbling down below the mountain and landing with a thud. 

"The quirks that master had stocked up," Shigaraki started to say. "It feels like I've been reborn with it all. This power..." He then found a fairly beaten-up box, opening it, and grabbed a hand from it. "So then why don't I feel satisfied?" 

"Out of everything that All For One sought to possess, the one power that didn't behave as he saw fit. One For All..."

"Something inside me is urging me on. Telling me to go after it," Shigaraki thought as Endeavor flew toward him again. 

"To get One For All..." Shigaraki said out loud.

"One... For... All...?" Endeavor wondered out loud, but he managed to relay the information through the comms.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"SAY WHAT?!" Burnin shouted through the comms, trying to get clearer info from Endeavor. "One For All... WHAT?! WHATEVER! HELP'S COMING YOUR WAY!"

Deku was right near Burnin when she shouted through the comms, he had a communication device in his ear as well, so he heard what Endeavor said. Deku's face showed that he was absolutely terrified, not just for the civilians, but for the fact that One For All is the target, HE was the target. He could feel Shigaraki's malice and intentions from where he was standing, and yet Shigaraki wasn't all that close to him. 

"BURNIN! WAIT!" Midoriya shouted over to her when he finally could speak through the terror. 

"YOU KIDS EVACUATE WITH THE REMAINING HEROES!" Burnin ordered. 

"LISTEN TO THE AUTHORITIES! WE GOTTA GET FARTHER AWAY!"

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾