Chapter 5: 1-A vs. 1-B

It was the next day and all of Class 1-A were in their hero costumes and stretching as they were waiting for Class 1-B to show up.

"I'm so excited about this! I can't wait to see how much we've grown since we started here at UA!" Mina started shouting, clearly excited for the matches to begin. 

"We've grown so much but in different ways, it'll be interesting to see how we stack up against each other," Yaoyorozu stated.

"I know right, our hero costumes say that too, like Midoriya over there, his has gone through the most changes out of all of us," Ojiro said referring to Midoriya.

"Right, and I can use a lot more moves now, but if you haven't noticed Kaminari got approved to have a sword with him for his quirk," Midoriya replied.

"That's right, I've been seeing him train with a wooden sword during training. He seems to have gotten a lot better over a short period of time," Yaoyorozu stated.

"He has, I've been watching him train at the start, and compared to how he used to be when it came to using his quirk, it's a big difference!" Midoriya said.

"It does? I didn't think it would make that much of a difference," Sato questioned.

"Well, maybe Midoriya is overestimating Kaminari's ability a little but-" Iida said until Midoriya interrupted him.

"I'm not overestimating him, you'll see how much that sword helps control his quirk, it's quite surprising."

"Well, I'm willing to give Kaminari the benefit of the doubt!" Mina said.

Just as she said that Kaminari along with Kirishima and Bakugou walked over.

"Give me the benefit of the doubt about what?" Kaminari asked.

"Sato and Iida over here don't think a sword would do much for your quirk, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt," Mina said to Kaminari.

"Well, believe it or not, it's been working out really well, I even-" Kaminari was cut off.

"It doesn't matter whether you have a sword or a big wrecking ball! I'll still pummel you to the ground Dunce Face!" Bakugou shouted.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that."

"Bro, you sure you can handle a sword properly, and I mean a real sword. You've been practicing with a wooden one this entire time, would the metal throw you off or anything?" Kirishima asked.

"Actually the wooden sword I've been using is similar in weight to the sword that I have right here," Kaminari said patting the sword that's in its sheath at his hip. "If anything the wooden one is probably slightly heavier, so I think I'll be fine."

"If you say so bro," Kirishima said.

"Well look who we have here," someone said off in the distance.

Class 1-A looked over to see Class 1-B approaching them.

"You all seem to be confident in yourselves. Have you forgotten this is a battle competition, not a trip to the circus?"

"Nah, we're just going over everything we've done so far to get to this point," Kirishima said holding his hands, getting ready to fight.

"I see, well no matter, because we have the upper hand in this fight. So bring it on Class 1-A!" Monoma of Class 1-B said. 

All of 1-B came into view, all in their hero costumes like 1-A is.

"I see some of you changed the way your costumes look, but looks don't matter, because we are far above any kind of trickery and flashy show that you guys will put on! We will-" Monoma was cut off.