Chapter 21: Lower One: Kinu

"So... you're Lower One... Kinu, correct?" Kaminari asked.

"I am, but I have no business with you," Kinu told Kaminari.

"Excuse me?" Kaminari asked. "Then why did you attack me?"

"Just to get you out of the way, I came for my student," Kinu said.

"Your student?" Hawks asked.

"Yes, I'm the reason Kura is as strong as she is and holds the position of Lower Three," Kinu claimed.

"Of course Miss Kinu! It's because of you that I got this far!" Kura called out.

"Yet you keep disappointing me," Kinu stated. "You keep acting without much thought and even when you learned that this boy defeated someone stronger than you, you still tried to kill him. And in the end, he bested you, you should be grateful that I came to defeat him for you."

"Who said you were going to defeat me?" Kaminari asked the demon.

"Just because you bested my student and the one who's ranked right below me doesn't mean you're strong enough to take me on," Kinu answered, not even looking at Kaminari. 

"You don't even know how strong I actually am, I mean I killed Ragnarok and almost killed Kura without breaking a sweat. Who says you aren't much different than those two?" Kaminari said, as if trying to provoke the demon.

Kinu finally bothered to turn and face Kaminari. "I don't know why, but I have a feeling you want to die from my hands if you're really looking for a fight with me."

"You got one thing right, I do want to fight you, but not because I want to die, it's because I need to kill you," Kaminari said, getting into his preferred stance with his sword.

Kinu started to chuckle. "You think you can defeat me? I get you know our weaknesses, but do you think you can last until sunrise? Which is in about 7 hours."

Kura cackled, as if she just heard the best joke of her life. "You really think you can last 7 hours against Miss Kinu?! You must really be stupid if you think you can-"

"Kura," Kinu started. "You don't have room to talk, as he bested you quite easily."

Kaminari smirked, "what makes you think that I'd have to last till sunrise? What if I told you I can kill you right now?"

Kinu smirked, "Is that a challenge I hear?"

"You tell me."

Kinu giggled, and it wasn't a cute one, it was the giggle that would signal that someone was about to die. "Well then, you should start preparing your funeral."

When Kinu launched her threads at Kaminari, but the threads looked different to each person in the area

When Kinu launched her threads at Kaminari, but the threads looked different to each person in the area. To the civilians on the street, the threads were released too fast for the eyes to follow; to Hawks's sidekicks, they could see them but they could barely follow them; to Hawks himself, he could see and follow the threads but even he would struggle to keep up with those threads. But to Kaminari...