Chapter 58: Planning Out

"You've been thinking about this while you were sleeping, huh?"

"I have all the higher-ups of the Demon Slayer Corps in my head, the only things they do is come up with plans for the future, argue with each other, maybe teach me something once in a blue moon, and specifically Uzui, try to make me confess to Shinso."

"Wait, what?" Shinso said, not expecting that last part. 

"Dude?! You didn't need to mention that!" Uzui said in Kaminari's head.

"I honestly shouldn't be surprised," Yushiro grumbled.

"...how long have you... you know..." Shinso asked in a quiet voice, looking away from Kaminari.

Kaminari was quiet for a second, embarrassed about what he just said, he looked away from Shinso as well. "A while now... Zenitsu made me admit it around the New Year, and Uzui started giving talks about confessing since... that day..."

"...oh..."

"Once you get your hands on a sword, what then?" Yoriichi asked, ignoring all the comments around him.

"I'll go with you guys like you wanted me to," Kaminari answered. "Me and you can train and refine Sun Breathing, of course I'll still go out on patrols at night to hunt down demons. It'll be easier since I don't have to worry about hiding who I am and worry about anyone getting hurt if they followed me."

"And I can study everything I need about you and you can provide blood samples of the Twelve Kitzuki for me so I can recreate that formula from back then," Yushiro said.

"...how many samples would you need from them?" Kaminari asked, nervous about Yushiro's answer.

"If I can find Lady Tamayo's old research I won't need many, why?" Yushiro asked, not looking forward to Kaminari's answer.

"Well... I might've already killed the Lowermoons and Upper Three and Four, and I don't wanna run into my dad again so..." Kaminari trailed off.

"Upper One, Two, and Five are the only ones you're willing to fight and get samples from?" Yoriichi guessed.

Kaminari nodded, not excited to see Yushiro react to that. 

"Well... you better hope I dig up Lady Tamayo's research, or else you'll have to face your dad," Yushiro said, obvious that he was annoyed.

"I expected it, you're strong and those 12 are the ones who kill a lot of people. Good job on clearing more than half of them," Yoriichi complimented.

"Well, now I don't have much to work with!" Yushiro argued back.

"Well, better get searching through those old documents," Kaminari said.

Yushiro glared at him with that comment, blaming him for his predicament. 

"Actually, I might be able to help with that," Shinobu said.

"Huh? If you mean you can give your side of the research through me I doubt that'll work. Have you seen my chemistry grades?" Kaminari said.

"No, when you're done with the family affairs, can you stop by the Butterfly Estate? Most of the research that I collected and noted with Tamayo should still be there if everything was left untouched. Yushiro should be able to make use of everything since it should go along with Tamayo's notes," Shinobu said.

"I thought all those notes were destroyed?" Kaminari thought.

"Why would I destroy my life's work?" Shinobu asked. "I didn't destroy it, and I'm very sure no one would've been able to find it all, I've hidden all the notable and useful parts of my research in the Butterfly Estate. I'll show you where when you get there to get my stuff."