Chapter 77: Final Planning

"So, about our Plan B, let's review the key info about the other battle that could decide it all," All Might said.

All Might was standing in a room with Hawks, Detective Tsukauchi, Sansa, Star and Stripe's crew, select doctors from Central Hospital, and Ragdoll of the Pussycats. They were gathered in a small room inside the police's HQ, confining themselves with only a couple of tables and a whiteboard around them.

"We're awaiting Aoyama's exam results," All Might said.

"This business with Aoyama means we'll be forced to take decisive action all at once," Hawks said. "We've deemed each of you here to be trustworthy based on certain factors regarding your situations and actions."

"So, we're ready to move ahead with this conversation," Tsukauchi said.

"Endeavor, Jeanist, and the other big heroes are in command out in the field at the moment. And since this classified meeting had to be thrown together in a hurry, we're keeping our circle nice and small. Safety first, and all," Hawks said.

"Taking every pre-cat-tion?" Ragdoll noticed. "But still, c'mon... I sure wish Ryuko and the gang could be here meow."

"Sorry about that," Hawks apologized. "It's not like we doubt their loyalty or anything."

"Myeah?"

"Myeah...?"

"They're out there using my Search quirk for evil meow. So I'm here to help however I can," Ragdoll stated. "Let's hear the key points of this plan!"

"Whether we're talking about Plan A or Plan B, what we have to do, no matter what, is split them up," All Might said, grabbing a dry-erase marker and drawing a line between the two magnets that seem to represent All For One and Shigaraki. "Based on the data recorded during Star and Stripe's battle, Tomura Shigaraki is now far more powerful than even All For One. And everyone who witnessed the fight in Kamino has a decent idea of All For One's strength. Also, they have that mind meld they exploited when attacking Tartarus. This goes beyond just the communication via radio waves, but it's not clear to what extent they actually share thoughts with each other. Should they attack together, we have no hope of victory."

"Then why didn't they double-team Star?" One of the doctors asked.

"She could have spoken his name- "All For One", meaning New Order's rules would've worked on him, I think," All Might answered. "To win this war we need to get those two at least 10 kilometers apart. That's the bare minimum requirement."

"Of course, they'll do everything they can to make sure that won't happen," Tsukauchi mentioned.

"That's right, Tsukauchi," All Might continued. "That far-spreading, all-consuming fire and the terror it instills. It's a threat we became aware of through the attack on the kids' training camp. Yes, we'll be stonewalled so long as Dabi joins their vanguard."

"So splitting up All For One and Shigaraki means getting Dabi outta the way too!" Ragdoll concluded.

"Not just Dabi," Sansa realized.

"Exactly. All of them," All Might confirmed. "Every one of the enemy's major operatives! We must divide and conquer! One by one! To that end, we have to lure each of these villains to their defeat!"

"Oh, is that all? Pretty optimistic thinking."

"Easier said than done."

"Fair enough," All Might said, looking over at Star's crew. "Which is why we need a strategy to make that happen."

"You mean Aoyama?" Tsukauchi asked.

"The boy is still in turmoil," All Might said. "Born quirkless, his very life was exploited as a resource."