Chapter 27: Traveling Shenanigans

"So those kinds of things really existed back then?" Rody asked.

"Yeah, and they're back, and that sword is the only way for us to stop them at night, unless you wanna fight them until sunrise that is," Kaminari said.

"Is that why you said not to worry about it during the day? Along with saying that only you could handle it?" Rody asked.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Because I know you're not gonna sleep after that, I won't be mad if you go on another patrol just in case," Midoriya said, looking over at Kaminari.

"I didn't wanna argue about that, but since you have the same worry as me I shouldn't be too surprised," Kaminari replied.

"So you're going out? Alone?" Rody asked.

"I would normally say no, but right now, yeah, I do it all the time though so don't worry about it," Kaminari answered. He picked up his sword and started walking to the entrance of the cave while putting the sword on his hip. "I'll be back soon, I promise," he told them, and then jumped into the woods and disappeared.

"Do you really think he's gonna come back quick?" Rody asked Midoriya.

"Normally I would doubt it, but since I'm injured and can't really protect myself very well, I'm sure he'll come back in a bit," Midoriya assured.

Kaminari didn't go far. Not far at all. Since they were at the foot of a mountain he just climbed up to the peak and used his newer echolocation technique to try and find any demons in the area. After a few minutes, he came back with nothing, so he decided to head back and rest with the other two, and make sure Midoriya doesn't hurt himself further.

"Hey, I'm back," Kaminari called out.

"That was quick," Midoriya said.

"You sure you think we're good?" Rody asked.

"Pretty sure, I think that the demons in this country are all related and connected to Humarise," Kaminari stated.

"If that's true then why was there one near us when we- oh..." Rody trailed off.

"Yeah, the only other times I heard demons in this country was when Humarise was involved, which was in the police cars when we first got chased and just now," Kaminari said.

"I see, so it was coming after us because of me," Rody said.

"I don't care, actually thanks to you calling them I was able to confirm my suspicions, but at the same time I'd prefer if Midoriya wasn't injured at all," Kaminari said.

"That was my own fault," Midoriya admitted.

Rody looked away, both not really happy that they were covering for him but at the same time, glad that they can see his reason for doing it. "Well, let's all get some sleep, we have a lot of traveling ahead of us the next few days right?"

Kaminari nodded, agreeing with Rody. "Yeah, definitely."

"Right," Midoriya agreed.

They all went to sleep for the night, even Kaminari, but that doesn't mean he didn't keep an ear to the ground to listen for anything.

It was early in the morning, like the sun wasn't even rising into the sky early, and Kaminari heard footsteps inside the cave. So he woke up to find Rody trying to sneak out of the cave.

"You know you should really stop trying to sneak around me," Kaminari said, waking up from his sleep, which freaked Rody out.

"I thought you were asleep!" Rody whisper-shouted.