Chapter 32: The Demon Slayer Corps

Kaminari kept running through the forest, feeling contradicted about what he was doing. He felt as if he wasn't going anywhere and was just getting lost, but at the same time, the path he was taking was familiar to him. He was weirded out by the fact he hasn't seen a single demon the entire time he was running through the forest on his way to the Demon Slayer Headquarters.

"I wonder why the one place that demons would probably want to destroy is completely deserted?" Kaminari said out loud, wondering about it.

He kept running into the forest, not slowing down. He then noticed the Wisteria trees in the distance, which he found strange since he didn't think they grew in the area, much less during winter. He slowed down, walking over to the Wisteria, looking at it and examining it. He looked farther into the distance, seeing some sort of ruin. He walked towards the ruins he saw, trying to see what it was. He saw something that looked like the ruins of a mansion, though it was definitely not something that someone would be able to live in anymore. He saw that the area he was in was more like it was destroyed rather than decayed over time, though there were definitely parts that were decayed rather than destroyed. 

"I see, you must be the one they're waiting for."

Kaminari turned towards the voice, surprised that he didn't hear their footsteps. He saw a little old man walking towards him, quietly walking, taking small steps to reveal himself to Kaminari. 

"Hello, may I ask why you're here?" Kaminari asked the old man.

"This was my family's mansion back then, before the big war between demons centuries ago," he answered.

Kaminari's eyes widened, realizing what he could mean. "You're a reincarnation?"

The old man chuckled, slowly walking closer to Kaminari. "No no, I am only descended from the ones who led the Demon Slayer Corps through all of its histories. I am Hiraku Ubuyashiki, and right now, we're in the old Ubuyashiki Mansion."

"What does the Ubuyashiki family have anything to do with the Demon Slayer Corps?" Kaminari asked.

"Did I not just tell you that they led the Demon Slayer Corps throughout the centuries?" Hiraku asked.

Kaminari mentally slapped himself, he missed that part of the old man's introduction. Not only that, he didn't even bother to look through Zenitsu's memories to try and see what the Ubuyashiki family was involved in. "Sorry, I didn't catch that part."

"It's alright, now follow me, the others are waiting for you," Hiraku said, turning around to walk further into the mansion.

Kaminari hurried over to his side, turning to him to see why he was there. "So, who are the others?"

"Who do you think? Why are you here in the first place?" Hiraku asked.

Kaminari hesitated for a second, not exactly sure how to answer that other than to keep asking questions. "Why are you here?"

"My quirk is called Ancestry, I can see and talk to those who have passed on in your ancestry, whether you're related by blood or past connections. Though if I wanted to, I can allow others to see and communicate with all those who have passed on that are around you as well," Hiraku explained.

Kaminari was confused, sure that kind of quirk would be useful right now, but how did he know to come here at that time? "I guess that would be useful in communicating with them, but that doesn't explain how you knew to come here right now. Do you live here by chance?"

"As much as I'd love to live in my ancestor's home, this place isn't suitable for anyone to live in these days. The area we were just in was blown up when Muzan Kibutsuji and Kagaya Ubuyashiki had their one and only confrontation, that way the Demon Slayers could be ready and attack right when they heard the commotion," Hiraku said.