Chapter 59: Send Off

Kaminari woke up to a knock on the door to his hospital room. He initially thought it was in his head, but when he heard it again he groaned while getting out of his bed and walked to the door. When he opened the door he was greeted with the faces of All Might and Shinso, which made Kaminari immediately snap out of his sleepy daze.

"All Might? Toshi? What are you two doing here this early?" Kaminari asked.

"Maybe so you can leave without much of a trace and have more time to travel," Shinso said.

"I also came by to get your letters, Young Midoriya will be leaving soon and as far as I know you're free to go when you want," All Might said.

"Oh, I should've thought about that, sorry," Kaminari told them.

"Ehh, I'm guessing your quirk wants you to keep sleeping no matter what?" Shinso asked.

"Yeah, especially after drawing out 100% during that fight," Kaminari admitted.

"Anyways, are your letters ready?" All Might asked.

"Yes sir," Kaminari replied, walking over to his nightstand beside his bed and handing him the stack of folded papers.

"Thank you, stay in contact and let us know when you'll be patrolling with Young Midoriya," All Might said, grabbing the papers from Kaminari.

"Yeah, I'll tell ya when I'm back in town," Kaminari said.

"I'll give you some time alone," All Might said, walking away from Kaminari's room, leaving the two teenagers alone.

"I got your stuff," Shinso said.

"Thanks," Kaminari said. "Come in, I'll get dressed in the bathroom." Kaminari moved aside to let Shinso walk in, which he did and placed the backpack he was carrying on Kaminari's bed.

"I also asked Bakugo to pack some civilian clothes for you, that way you don't stand out too much when walking through the streets during the day," Shinso told him.

"Huh, I should've thought of that," Kaminari said.

"Also some training clothes that you can easily move in so you don't completely ruin your Demon Slayer uniform," Shinso added.

"Another good idea I didn't think of," Kaminari admitted. "Thanks Toshi!"

"Yeah... I just want to make sure I can do what I can for you, since I can't protect you from any of this. The best I can do is support you from behind the scenes, like this," Shinso said.

Kaminari didn't know how to respond to that, so he just stayed quiet and grabbed the backpack Shinso gave him. He saw his UA tracksuit that they would wear during physical training outside of hero work, they were comfortable and easy to train in, perfect for what he was planning to do with Yoriichi. He also saw a pair of black pants that he would normally wear when going out in public, along with a plain white shirt that would normally go along with those pants. It didn't come with the accessories that Kaminari normally added to make it look more "trendy", but it was enough to look relatively normal. Last he found his Demon Slayer uniform at the bottom, probably to keep it hidden from the outside. It was everything he needed and more, and he couldn't help but smile at Shinso's efforts.

"I honestly don't know what to say other than thank you, for everything Toshi," Kaminari said, smiling brightly. "I'm gonna put my Demon Slayer uniform on for now, it gives me a little more range of motion than the regular clothes."

Kaminari took out his Demon Slayer uniform and walked toward the bathroom to change out of his hospital clothes. Shinso waited for Kaminari near his bed, mentally getting ready to see Kaminari off. He'll be one of the first to admit that he didn't like the plan, but he'll also be the first one to agree with it, as the reasons behind it are valid and understandable. He didn't want Kaminari to be out alone without much of an outlet for support, but he also knows that being on his own is the best way for him to move around and slay demons. All these ideas and reasons circling his head are starting to make him hate his logical reasoning, but if he shut them down it wouldn't make things any easier. Shinso sighed, trying to keep his composure and trust Kaminari that he'll look after himself, and hope that he doesn't start up fights with his new friends, mainly with Yushiro.