Chapter 65: Bated Breath

A/N:

Hey guys! I usually don't make author notes at the beginning, but I need to explain a couple things.

1. I literally have no ideas on how to write the month that got skipped over in the manga, nor the Deku v. Muscular fight since that was during the day. For that, I'm just going to skip over it as a part of the one-month time skip in the manga to get to the juicy and badass parts of this arc.

2. I am going through a bit of writer's block right now, mostly because the ideas that I had written down somewhere got lost as I was redoing my room and I have no fucking clue where it went. And because I have ADHD, I don't remember much of what I wrote in there so I'm just flying by the seat of my pants at this point. 

Don't worry about a shortage of combined Kami + Deku interactions, I'm gonna make sure there are some that are pretty cool. For now though, we're gonna do the actual 1 month time skip and skip over Deku v. Muscular, I'm sorry (it's sooo cool tho, go watch the anime fight because that was seriously done so well).

Anyways, let's get to the story, shall we?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*One month Later*

It was almost pitch black, as most of the city lights were either flickering on and off, or were just not working as the country was in a state of emergency. To add to the dark ambiance, it was pouring down rain, making it hard to see much in front of you and slippery to stand. Suddenly a bunch of small explosions were heard in the distance, all coming from one group of civilians with support gear.

"YOU MONSTER!" One of the men shouted toward their target.

"YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG!" Their target screamed out. "PLEASE, LEAVE ME ALONE!" She continued to scream out, letting go of her umbrella to shield her face from the onslaught of attacks. "I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG! I'M JUST SCARED! PLEASE, STOP!!!"

"YEAH RIGHT! YOU'RE TRYING TO GET US TO DROP OUR GUARD AND THEN YOU'LL STRIKE!" One of them shouted at her as he prepared his gauntlet for a bigger attack. "PROBABLY GONNA EAT OUR CORPSES AS YOU TRY AND RUN FROM EVERYONE, HUH?!"

"NOOO!"

Just as the attack shot at her, a green light intercepted the attack, rendering it useless and ineffective against anyone. "Please... calm down!" The person in green pleaded, getting in between the woman and the civilian assailants. "I understand that it's a stormy night and everyone's on edge, but this woman is not a threat to anyone."

"How do you know? She could be acting all innocent so she can eat us all alive! What if she's one of those cannibals?!"

"She's not, and I think I can vouch for that," someone else said suddenly. 

They all turned in the direction they heard the voice, seeing a bright yellow haori with small white triangles all over. Under the coat was a traditional style uniform, one that the guy in green recognized immediately, his suspicions being confirmed when he saw the yellow hair with a black patch in his hair. The black patch threw him off though, confused about how it got there but put it aside for the sake of breaking up the skirmish. 

"Oh yeah? And how would you know?"

"I think he's the guy that's been killing these psychos, you know, doing the heroes job for them," one of the others said.

"The heroes have been doing their jobs, finding and killing those demons was mine, not theirs," the guy in yellow said. "But back to our discussion, she's not one of them, nor is she a threat, so run along now and don't excuse random people on the street just because they're outside at night."