Chapter 41: Confession

It's been a month since the meeting that discussed the initial plans for their mission that was assigned to Endeavor's agency. The plans got more and more specific as the day got closer and closer, which only made Kaminari more miserable. Originally there were quite a few pros including some of the Flaming Sidekickers along with him, but with each strategy meeting more and more of the pros were redirected elsewhere. Now, the only heroes that Kaminari knew that were fighting alongside him were Midnight, Kamui Woods, Mount Lady, Edgeshot, Cementoss, Gang Orca, Ectoplasm, and Majestic. Sure there were a lot more listed, but they weren't all that familiar to Kaminari, so he wasn't exactly confident in the plan. Not only that, the fact he knew a good bit of them made him a little worried. What if he ran into an Uppermoon? Or even worse... 

What if he had to fight Muzan?

That thought kept haunting his mind, he knew that the pros he was with could hold off a demon for a couple of minutes (maybe) so he could get there and beat them, but Muzan? The king of all demons, who was previously alive for centuries and then reincarnated just to repopulate all the demons back when he was at his strongest. Sure it was harder nowadays due to heroes being a thing and being unable to let him do everything he wanted without getting caught. But even so, it's Muzan Kibutsuji, no matter how little of the original power he had before, no Pro-hero, even Endeavor, could take him on. 

When the plans started forming, even in the early stages Kaminari knew that he was going to have to get so much stronger to really protect them from demons, especially the Uppermoons. He was also concerned about Muzan, and for that, he started working on his Sun Breathing a lot more. He strengthened every part of his skill set, whether it be the old one that the public and other pros are familiar with, or the part that stays secret between him and Shinso. It was easy to practice his public "normal" skills out on the streets and in class, including Thunder Breathing. Sun Breathing was mainly done behind closed doors, whether it was on his own, training with the friends that knew, or in the training area at Endeavor's agency. His true quirk, the true nature of his powers, was only practiced either on his own or with Shinso. There are times he'd pull the card out when fighting demons, but only when it was absolutely necessary. To this day, he has never gone into detail about what his true quirk was with anyone but Shinso, especially after their little "discussion" that day. 

It was the end of March, the day that the plans were all starting to commence, and all of Class 1-A was in the Common Area. 

"Spring Break's almost over, huh?" 

"Yeah... but at least we're going on a trip for our work-study," Uraraka said.

"Oh, you're right," Tsu remembered.

"Wait, you girls too? For real? Same here?" Sero said.

Kaminari and Midoriya were sitting on the couch together, and they both heard the conversation and turned around to see the number of people from their class that was a part of the plan. 

"We've also got a trip planned at the same time!"

"Huh?! What's up with that?!"

"Hang on... us too."

"Me too."

"Don't tell me..." Kaminari thought in his head. "All of my friends... could possibly see me face Muzan?"

Kaminari shook his head slightly, trying to push away those thoughts. "No, I'm on my own, the only ones I'm fighting with are pros."

"Anyways, when are you guys supposed to be heading out?" Sero asked Kaminari.

"Actually, we're not supposed to be heading out until a lot later than normal," Kaminari said.

"I think that's because Endeavor wants us to prepare for what's to come, especially you Kaminari," Midoriya said.