Chapter 8: Work Studies

They arrive at the city where Endeavor's agency works by bus. They get off they were greeted by Endeavor himself.

"Welcome to Endeavor's agency! Even though you're only here because Shoto asked me to take you guys on," Endeavor said, sounding welcoming at first, only to be displeased that they came along with Todoroki.

"They didn't have anywhere to go, plus they have outstanding abilities, you should be happy to work with them," Todoroki remarked.

"I didn't come here to make any friends and have fun, I'm here to see how the number 1 hero operates," Bakugou stated.

"Shoto, you make friends with people like him?" Endeavour asked.

"Huh?! Who said I was friends with any of these extras?" Bakugou shouted.

"Sorry about him, thank you for this opportunity," Kaminari said, bowing towards Endeavor.

"Yes thank you," Midoriya said, bowing alongside Kaminari. "I'm here for the same reason as Kacchan, but also to see how much you've grown yourself since I last saw you. I want to get stronger, and if training under your wing helps me, I'll take whatever I can get."

Endeavor looks at both of them intensely, remembering their first interaction at the Sports Festival.

"If you think this'll all fun and games, you're wrong," Endeavor said while walking towards the city. He waited until the boys followed him to continue what he was saying, "because if you're going to work under me, you gotta keep up with me." Endeavor started releasing his fire and launches himself towards the city. There was a villain who called himself Starservant who started to manipulate the glass around the city while he floated above in the air. 

"You're pretty stupid to attack in my turf," Endeavour said to him.

Starservant saw his coming and shot needle-like pieces of glass at him. Endeavor was shocked that he saw him coming and couldn't dodge the needles. Luckily for him, Kaminari jumped in front of him and used his sword to knock all the glass needles away.

"I heard him talking before you even launched yourself away from us, he knew you were going to come from the start," Kaminari said. 

"Thanks kid," Endeavor said as he released a lot of fire to heat up the place. 

Civilians were still around, but were starting to run off due to the heat Endeavor was giving off. Starservant saw them trying to run.

"Where do you think you're going huh? You have to hear my message from above!" Starservant sent glass needles towards the civilians that were trying to run.

One of them tripped and looked up to see the needles coming towards them. "Oh crap, I'm gonna die!"

Kaminari jumped in front of him and cut all the needles that were coming towards them. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, thank you, hero!"

"No problem, just evacuate so Endeavor can do his thing," Kaminari said turning towards the civilian.

"Right," he got up and ran off.

"Damn it!" Starservant fleed into an alleyway.

"No, you don't!" Endeavour followed on hot pursuit, along with Kaminari.

They chased him down the alleyway, but when they reached the end Starsevant called out to someone.

"Hey everyone! We've got company!" Startservant shouted.

Multiple villains came out, ambushing Endeavour, however, Kaminari detected their presence before and got in front of Endeavor with his sword in hand. Midoriya and Bakugou were right behind Startservant's subordinates, but before any of them could attack them, Hawks flew in and stopped them.