Chapter 23: Preparations

"Did you guys hear about what happened?" 

Kaminari looked over at the person who said that, and it turns out to be Ojiro, and he was showing everyone around him what was on his phone screen.

"What happened there?" Jiro asked in horror.

"What a massacre," Yaoyorozu added.

"From what the news said, there's this big terrorist organization called Humanrise that set a bomb off under the city. The bomb apparently contained a drug that forcefully activated quirks, and not in a good way," Ojiro said.

"That doesn't look like any normal drug you can find off the street," Kirishima noted.

"How would you know hm?" Sero teased.

"Because I do my work-study with Fat Gum, who's practically an expert in the is sort of thing," Kirishima answered. "But that doesn't look like anything like I've seen out when I patrol with Fat Gum."

"Ribbit... Ochaco, do you think our trip has to do with this? Ribbit," Asui asked.

"I don't know, but I think there's a pretty good chance that it might be," Uraraka answered.

"You guys are going on a trip too?" Sero asked.

"Yeah, me and Sero are going to Egypt with Team Lurkers soon," Mineta added.

"Whoa, Egypt?! Me and Shoji were asked to go on a trip too, but it's down over in Tokyo," Jiro said.

"Me and Tsu were going with Ryukyu and Nejire-chan to France, so they're not the only ones going out of the country," Uraraka added.

"Aww man, me, Tetsutetsu, and Suneater were tagging along with Jiro and Shoji in Japan. Not that it's bad, but I wish I could go outside the country too," Kirishima said, with a bit of disappointment.

"Me and Tokage were supposed to go to Singapore with Majestic," Yaoyorozu said.

"Sato and I were set to go with Shishido to the United States of America and support them over there," Ojiro said.

"Funny, I was invited by Hawks to go over to there as well, I believe we were set to be in New York City?" Tokoyami questioned.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure," Ojiro answered.

"Wait what?! You guys all get to go on awesome trips?! No fair!" Ashido yelled out in disbelief.

"The heroes we do our work-study with weren't chosen to be a part of whatever operation they're doing. So for that, all we can do is just stand by and hope for the best," Iida explained with his usual choppy hands.

"Even so, I also kinda wish we got to go on a special trip too," Hagakure said in disappointment.

"Oui, such a shame I can't shine brightly in another part of the world," Aoyama said being his... usual self.

"Wait, is Endeavor's agency going on a special trip too?" Ashido asked the quartet that does their work studies under Endeavor.

"Yeah. We're going to-" Midoriya started to say.

"WHY DOES IT MATTER WHERE WE'RE GOING HUH PINKY?!" Bakugo asked while interrupting Midoriya.

"Geez, I was just wondering if there were gonna be more than just five of us here in the dorms for the next few days," Ashido said.

"Well we're not gonna be in the dorms so there are only going to be five of you staying here at UA for a while," Todoroki said.

"I can get that much! But what about where you guys are going?!" Ashido said loudly, starting to get impatient.