Chapter 73: It's Time

"Yushiro, how's the antidote looking?" Kaminari asked, walking into Yushiro's lab.

"Finished running all my finals procedures and they came back clean, so I'm all finished up here," Yushiro answered.

"Good, now I can get moving," Kaminari said as he walked up to the table Yushiro was in front of.

"Now's a good time to start predicting your dad's movements, that way we waste less time on him and we can move on to more important things," Yushiro said.

"First off, my dad IS important, why else would we spend so much time making sure this plan went off without a hitch?" Kaminari said.

"Because I wanted to see if I could recreate Lady Tamayo's antidote so we can use it against Muzan," Yushiro said. "This is merely a test run, we just selected your father because it's convenient."

"No we did not!" Kaminari fought back.

"Could we continue this argument later?" Yoriichi said, walking into the lab. "Kaminari, are you able to make do with the reports I gave you?"

"I probably could've, but I didn't wanna risk not catching him so I looked for more reports. I'm positive he'll show up somewhere in the Shizuoka Prefecture," Kaminari said.

"When did you get the time to do that?" Yushiro asked.

"When I'm not on patrol or training, I'm normally looking for reports on my dad and looking for a pattern in his attacks," Kaminari explained. "And before you ask, yes I'm stilling sleeping enough for my quirk not to bother me and go off. I sleep enough to let myself keep going like I have been."

"Somehow I still doubt that," Yushiro said.

"I'm fine, just give me the antidote and I'll go give it to my dad," Kaminari said taking a step to reach for the antidote in Yushiro's hand, only to trip over his own feet.

Yushiro backed up enough for Kaminari not to touch him and to allow the slayer to catch himself. "Yeah, no, I'm not giving this to you yet."

"Yushiro," Kaminari growled. "We don't have time for this, you said so yourself, the faster we get my dad back the more time we have to go after Muzan. So give me the antidote so I can go get my dad back."

Yushiro looked at the stern expression on Kaminari's face, seeing it twist in both anger and annoyance at the demon not giving him the antidote in his hands. Yushiro sighed, not arguing with the slayer's logic and his desire to save his father over a couple hours of sleep, and handed over the device in his hand. "Here, it works just like the blades you used to get the Uppermoons' blood, just instead of it immediately drawing blood it injects the antidote directly into their system. If you're able to, stab it into his neck, that'll give the best results. It's not the only one I have ready, but I wanted to use that other dose for another plan, so don't waste this. Got it?"

Kaminari grabbed the antidote that was inside the sheathed knife, just like the blades he used to draw a demon's blood. "Right, I won't mess this up."

Both the demon and the adult in the room watched Kaminari walked out of lab quickly, soon hearing the front door slam shut before Yoriichi turned to talk to Yushiro.

"Why did you give him the antidote? You can tell he needs rest before he goes after his father," Yoriichi said.

"Well, we need to see if the antidote works and move on from this, and the faster we do it the better," Yushiro said. "Plus, I'm not in the mood for arguing with that idiot, if he wants to hurt himself like this just because he's stubborn, be my guest."

"You do know that if he dies, all of our plans against Muzan will be jeopardized, right?" Yoriichi asked.

"He won't die, he's not that stupid," Yushiro said.