Chapter 16: The Whole Truth

It was the beginning of the first break of the day, and Class 1-A was in their classroom talking to each other. They were talking about random news they've heard around the school until someone brought up what happened the last night.

"Did you guys hear what happened last night?" Ashido asked the girls.

"No? What happened?" Uraraka asked.

"Was it about the latest vigilante sighting?" Jiro asked.

"I heard he was spotted in Musutafu last night," Hagakure chimed in.

"He was?!" Uraraka said in surprise.

"I heard he was spotted by Kamui Woods, along with Death Arms and Mount Lady," Yaoyorozu said.

"He wasn't just spotted with them, he saved them! The three of them were getting beat badly by a villain and the new vigilante came in and saved them!" Ashido exclaimed.

"Though his way of 'saving them' was killing the villain," Tokoyami said, joining the conversation.

"Actually they don't know what happened to the villain, they only assume they killed him because the body wasn't found, but the heroes and witnesses refuse to say what happened to him," Shoji said.

"I think it's safe to assume the vigilante killed him considering that he killed the other villains he's encountered as well," Iida said with his signature hand chops.

"Even so, he did save three heroes from a strong villain, that's at least something right?" Midoriya said.

"I don't care if the dude killed them or put them in prison, as long as the damn villain is gone I don't care," Bakugou said.

The conversation continued, debating whether the vigilante was in the right or the wrong. The only people not participating were Kirishima and Kaminari. Kaminari was sleeping, not paying attention to the conversation at all, while Kirishima listened to the conversation, trying to make sense of why the new vigilante was the way he was. Then he remembered Kaminari's new powers, along with the conversation they had with Shinso the day before and how he acted. He started wondering about the identity of the new vigilante, because if he's who he thinks he is, Kaminari is going to have trouble getting out of this one.

"Hey, did anyone see his face? Or any defining features that he had?" Kirishima asked.

"Well, they say he has yellow hair, not blonde, but other than that no one has really caught a glimpse of his face, or a good look at it," Ashido said.

"Huh, anything else that could define him?" Kirishima asked.

"If I had to pick one thing that would stand out to me is the incorporation of a sword with his quirk. I mean, he's so good at using his sword along with his quirk! It's amazing!" Hagakure said.

That was it. That was the one thing Kirishima needed to get Kaminari to start talking. From all the clues that the new vigilante gave, he knew Kaminari was keeping something extremely dangerous and important from them. Kirishima wanted to find out every bit of it, but he knew that he alone can't get it out of him, so he excused himself from the classroom and walked out to go find someone.

After class, everyone headed back to the dorms, and when they got back to their dorms, Kirishima approached Kaminari.

"Hey dude, you got some time to chat?" Kirishima asked Kaminari.

"Yeah, I guess, what's up?" Kaminari responded.

"Actually I was wondering if we could do this in a few minutes. I wanted to put my stuff away and get comfortable first," Kirishima said, hoping Kaminari would believe the lie.