Chapter 62

Kate Pov

The vacation was over, wish it lasted longer. We definitely gotta do that again. It was beyond words, the scenery, the food, the cold breeze, it was a good way to escape but now it's back to reality. I fell asleep on the ride back. We spend the last day relaxing, even relaxing takes a mental toll. I'm not one to stay at the same place, like how could one be surrounded by so much beauty and not grasp at it. It was a truly peaceful week, minus the paparazzi following us everywhere we go..

Now it's Friday morning and I gotta go back to work.

"I'll drop you off and Taylor will pick you up later" Says Jane.

"Can't I drive? I don't need a pickup you know" I say.

"It's much safer this way, plus paparazzi will be following you. Taylor knows how to deal with them" Says Jane.

"Then why do I have a car?" I say as I grab the keys to the Veyron.

"I'd rather you be safe" She says.

"I'm not a child you know and you know, I also happen to be a badass" I say as I smirk.

"That recklessness is exactly why you're not driving" She says as she grabs the key.

"You suck" I sigh.

"You swallow" She says as we walk out the door.

"Good morning Mrs. Connor's" Says Taylor as he greeted us.

"See, Taylor is in a good mood today" I say as we walk to the car.

"He's supposed to be" Says Jane.

"When the last time did you give him a vacation?" I ask as Taylor hops into the car behind us.

"He never had one" Says Jane as we hop into the car.

"Doesn't he have a family?" I ask.

"Yes, a wife and two daughters" Says Jane as she starts the car.

"That's cute. Taylor works hard, he's at your call at any given time. He has a family too. You should contribute a vacation for him and his family" I say.

"We need protection" She says.

"From?" I ask.

"Paparazzi and the hooded group.. we need to be extra careful after that incident. They could still be after us" Says Jane.

The hooded group.. brings back  un-wanted memories. But I don't have the hooded group to worry about anymore.

"Whatever.. he needs a vacation" I say as Jane drove off. Taylor drove behind us as Jane sped through downtown. I was deep in thought thinking about Taylor and his family that I didn't even realize we arrived at Diamond Star.

"Have a great day at work babe. Taylor will pick you up at 5" Says Jane as she kissed me.

"You too my love" I kissed her as I get out the car.

I walk into Diamond Star as I headed to Josh's office to the fifth floor. I knock on the door and entered as I see him and Leo having breakfast.

"Kate" Says Josh as he smiled.

"Josh, Leo, good morning" I say as I smile.

"Had a good vacay?" Says Josh.

"Indeed I did. What did I miss?" I ask.

"20 missed calls for Mr. Drake. He needs to see you, have you read his draft?" Says Josh as he ate his waffles.

"Oh crap..." I say as Leo gave me the death glare.