Chapter 59

Kate's Pov

After a long day at work, I was waiting for Adelyn at the parking lot. I was staying the night at her house.

While I was waiting, someone's strong arms pulled me into a corner pinning me against the wall. To my surprise it was Jane.

"We need to talk" She said quietly.

"No, we don't" I say to her. She blinked hard then shook her head.

"Kate, you have to listen to me. I have a plan" Jane said and I took a deep breath and she continued.

"I talked to the detective, the one who helped you to find me when I went missing and he said that Martinez can't hacked both of the companies Connor Enterprises and Diamond Star by herself. There's someone who is helping her doing it. And whoever it is they need to get arrested for doing the illegal things. I need your help. I am so sure that Adelyn is the one who was helping Martinez. I want you to check her laptop and see if it's true" She explains.

"I trust her. I don't need to do that" I said annoyed.

"Kate, if you trust her then you shouldn't feel afraid to do it. And I promise you if she's not behind this, then you'll never see me again" She said and I looked at her for a few seconds.

"Fine" I signed.

Adelyn can't be the stalker, right? She seems like she doesn't have anything to do with this. I shouldn't worry myself too much.

I don't even know how long I had been standing there when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned, coming face to face with Adelyn.

"Ready to go?" Adelyn's says.

"Yeah sure" I said and smiled. We make our way to her car, she opened the door for me as I get in.

The car ride was silent. I didn't talk much. I was still thinking about what Jane asked me do. Should I do it or not? Maybe I should. She pull up to her house.

We got out of the car and entered her house. She crashed her lips into mine as she pressed her body against mine.

"I think you're forgetting something" She whispered.

"No I am not. Go up to bed. I'll meet you up there" I say as I bite my lip.

"Okay baby" She says as she smiles.

I then decided to look around. I needed to find her laptop. It took about a minute, her laptop was laid on the coffee table. I boot it up as a lock screen popped up asking for a password.

I successfully enter the password as the home screen popped up. I have permissions to her work email and she once gave me her password and all her passwords are the same. I quickly entered some codes and restored her IP Address. No, it can't be.. There's surveillance footage as well as encryption software with passwords for Connor Enterprises, Diamond Star Publishing Company, amongst other things. She hacked the database of the company and distributed all the publications free online. Was she working for Martinez?.. Oh my god.. Then I noticed the emails, massages the same one I received from the stalker. Adelyn is the stalker.. Jane was right.. Now everything makes sense. Why am I such a fool to not notice it earlier..

I closed the laptop as I grabbed my phone and called Leo as I told him everything about the hacking of Diamond Star. He would have never thought that Adelyn would do something like that. Then I called the detective and told him everything as well. He should be here soon with the cops.

I prepared to head into Adelyn's room. The game is now over. You played a good game Adelyn but not good enough. I enter her room to find her on the bed.