Chapter 53

Jane's Pov

"Games over" I say to her as Taylor entered the room.

"The game's just begun Jane. Who will rise and who will fall" She says as she peers out the window.

"Cut the crap Martinez. I know that you're the hacker and you did all this. Sign my company back to me and get the hell out of here" I say as Taylor stood behind me.

"My goal was to remind you who you really are.. and that look you're giving me brings back nostalgic memories" She whispers in my ear.

"Well, are you happy now? You got what you wanted. You wanted to see me fail measurably. But I'm Jane Connor. I'll get my power back" I say to her.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple Jane" She says as she sits down.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You just lost your most precious diamond and you're nothing without her. She's now your boss, just like she's always been" She says as she gets up.

"No one controls me" I say to her.

"She had you dancing in the palm of her hands. The great Jane Connor bewildered by a mere girl, how repulsive but now she left you weak and alone" She says as she sighs.

"I'm Jane Connor. I get what I want. And I will get her back" I say.

"Well I'm afraid it's game over for me. I was just doing it to remind you who you really are deep down and where you came from. But the game isn't over. There's another person who you don't know, playing this game" Says Martinez.

"There's you and there's Anna... but who's the third?" I ask.

"You'll soon find out but I will let you know something, whoever she is, her goal is to steal Kate from you. Maybe she's in love with her or obsessed you can say. She's a lot dangerous than she seems. She's just good at hiding it" Martinez says.

"Is she really that scary?" I ask.

"She can be" She says as she leaves.

"Is it okay to let her go?" Asks Taylor.

"Yes it's fine. She isn't a threat, come let's go" I say to Taylor.

"Where to ma'am?" He asks.

"To find Kate. Today's the day" I say to Taylor as he led me out the door.

Kate's Pov

I slept through the entire day. It was a long ass day but I needed some rest. I then head to the shower. I was meeting Adelyn later for drinks. I needed a break from all this after all and Adelyn was helping me a lot. She has been a lot nicer to me lately. I decided to wear my black dress.

I head to the bar downtown to await Adelyn. It took a little while but she finally came.

"The hell have you been?" I rant.

"Sorry the traffic was unbearable" She says to me as she sat down.

"Yeah I bet" I say as I smile at her.

"Good evening. What would you be having today?" Says the waitress as she hands us menus.

"I'll take a glass of vodka and orange juice" Adelyn says to her.

"And you ma'am?" She says as she faces me.

"Whiskey on the rocks" I say to her.

"Damn. Didn't pick you for the on the rocks type" Says Adelyn.

"It's a celebration" I say.

"What are we celebrating? You got fired" Says Adelyn.

"Enlightenment" I say as the girl returns with our drinks.