Chapter 57

Kate's Pov

I woke up by the sound of the alarm. I was again back to the normal life. Adelyn and I had a lots of fun in the beach house. Those were the most wonderful time of my life. We decided to go back there soon.

I get out of bed, brushed my teeth. I open my bedroom door and headed to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. I then went to the fridge and took out the milk and got the cereal. I started eating as my phone started to ring. It was Josh. I accepted it.

"Josh?"

"Kate! Hey, How are you doing?"

"I'm doing alright. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Uh Kate if you're not busy today can we meet at the bar where we usually meet?"

"Yeah sure. Everything's okay?"

"Yeah everything's fine. I just need to talk to you about something important"

"Okay, I'll be there"

"Great. See you in an hour then"

"See you, bye"

I hung up. What's so important that Josh can't say in the phone? I finished eating and got ready. I went outside and got into the car. I started driving to the bar and once I reached there, I saw Josh didn't arrive yet. I sat and awaited.

After 10 minutes I saw Josh coming towards me with the biggest smile on his face.

"You made it" He said and went for a hug.

"Of course" I smiled and hugged him back.

"Sorry, I'm late. There's someone who would like to see you" He said and I looked at him confused.

"Who?" I asked and he looked behind. There she was the one and only Jane Connor. I looked at her with wide eyes. She looked flawless.

"Hi Kate" She said as she approached me. I avoid looking into her eyes.

"Josh.. you said that you have something important to tell me. You lied?" I ignored her and looked at Josh.

"That wasn't a lie. I truly have something to talk to you about. Jane wanted to see you so I brought her with me. Let's sit down" He said and we sat. I looked at Jane and she looked sad, I can tell by just looking into her eyes.

"So what is it?" I asked Josh.

"Me and Leo are truly sorry for thinking you were the hacker. When it was Jane's aunt Martinez all along. After finding out the truth, we tried to contact you but we couldn't get it touch with you. Now that everything's back in normal, Leo decided to end your suspension and you can come back to work from tomorrow" He said and I looked at him surprised.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes Kate. Do you accept our apology and come back to work because losing a talented person like you would be a great loss" He said serious. I looked down and think about it for a moment.

"Okay, sure. I accept. I'll come by tomorrow" I replied and he gave me a warm smile.

"Okay then, I should go back to work now. Leo would be mad otherwise" He said and left. I looked back at Jane who sat there with a sad expression on her face.

"I should be get going too" I said and started to get up but she held my wrist.

"Kate, please I need to talk to you" She requested. I looked at her and sat down again.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened that day. I'm sorry for being so aggressive. But my intentions were completely for you. I wanted to protect you" She said.