Chapter 74

Kate's Pov

There were, Jerica and Leona, Jerica, Jane's Secretary and Leona, one of the Editors for the New York Times, here together.. there are two Elite members of the Assassins after me, I have no doubt in my mind it's Jerica and Leona, what are the odd's two new people come into my life and everything goes awry.

"So you're both a couple?" I ask. 

"Correct" Smiled Leona.

"Kate" Whispered Josh to me.

"I know" I whisper back.

"Jerica I need to talk to you in private" I say to Jerica.

"Oh, sure" Says Jerica as she looked a lil confused.

"Let's go up to the roof" I smile.

"The roof?" She asked.

"Yes, it's a great view" I say to her.

"We should probably head home, it's getting late and Candice is drunk" Says Stefan as he sighed.

"I ain't drunk you pussy!" She yelled.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea" I say to Stefan.

And you just confirmed it Stefan, you know the identities of these two, these assassins, you're uncomfortable being around them because you knew your aunt hired them..

"Come on you two, I'll take you home too" Says Stefan to Jason and Ryan.

"Sure man" Says Ryan.

"Will you be okay?" Asked Jason.

"Yes, thank you for being here" I smile.

"Any time" He says as he hugged me.

Now there were 7, me, Josh, Anna, Leona, Jerica, Lucas and Elijah guarding the door.

"Josh, Anna, keep Leona company will you, Jerica and I need to have a little chat" I say to Jerica as she smiled.

I run upstairs to get the gun. Jane had lodged in her dresser but it was nowhere to be found. What the hell is going on? Guess I'll have to fight you with my bare hands, Jerica.

I lead Jerica to the elevator as she got in.

"Are you going to be okay Mrs. Connor?" Asked Lucas.

"Yes" I smile.

"Alright" He says.

"Josh, Anna, make sure you treat Leona with full effort hospitality" I say to them as they smile.

"Come back to me fast, you hear" Said Leona as she smiled.

Her smile was so pure and warm but we know your game Leona and Jerica, you can't beat us. I see right through you. I grabbed a small knife from the kitchen as I push it into my pocket with the blade facing down.

Jerica was quiet for entire the ride up, she had an uneasy look on her face, it was almost pitiful. We arrived on the rooftop as Jerica walked out and stood to the edge. I walk past Jane's helicopter as I stand behind her, do I push her or wait for her to strike.

"Jerica, I want you to be very honest with me right now okay?" I told her in my serious tone.

"Sure Mrs. Connor" She said as she made eye contact with me.

"Don't even think of lying because if you try to lie then it won't even take me a second to push you off the roof" I said. She looked scared all of a sudden.

"W-what?" She asked shuttering.

"Are you hired by Martinez to kill me?" I asked, looking deep into her eyes.

"Kill you? What are you talking about?" She says as she gulp.

"You and Leona are the members of the secret society, aren't you?" I asked.

"What secret society? I know nothing of it.." She said getting more and more confused.

"You don't?" I said.

"No Kate.. I have no idea what you're talking about" She said as I could notice her shaking and tearing up.

My phone then rang as Jerica had a confused look on her face. I then looked at the phone screen, Jane was calling.

"I need to go" I say.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute. Lemme catch my breath" She says as I hug her.

I then smiled as I answered her call and rushed to the elevator. Jerica, it's not her, she's not the assassin, those eyes and tears didn't scream murderer, it was someone else, if not Jerica, then Leona! I shouldn't have left Anna and Josh with her.

"Jane" I say as I picked up the phone and the elevator went down.

"What are you doing? I'm on my way home with Taylor" Said Jane.

"I'm in the elevator, I went up to the rooftops, I thought Jerica is one of the assassin's" I say to Jane as the elevator door opened.

"Jerica! That's impossible!" Says Jane.

"I don't know what to believe anymore" I say as I walk into the living room.

I then saw someone on the floor as blood gushed out.

"Jane, get home immediately, we have a situation" I say as my eyes widen.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Leona is on the floor and blood is gushing out of her chest" I say as my lips quiver.

"Sa.. save her, get her out of here" Said Jerica as she struggled to talk as a tear ran down her cheek.

"What did you do!" Yelled Jane.

"I didn't do anything" I say.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes, Matt and Stephanie should be in the apartment, go to them" Said Jane.

"Who?" I say in confusion.

"What? Matt and Stephanie, your bodyguards" Said Jane as my eyes widen in shock as the floorboards creak behind me.

"If Matt and Stephanie are my bodyguards then who is Lucas and Elijah?" I say to her as the footsteps came closer.

"What are you talking about" Yelled Jane as someone tugged on my shoulder and the phone fell to the floor.

...........

Instinct then came over me as I immediately grabbed the knife before the figure could hurt me and stabbed him. I then turned around as Josh fell to the floor, his mouth was gagged and his hands were tied, he then fell to the floor with the knife in his abdomen.

"You shouldn't have done that Mrs. Connor" Said Lucas as he walked out of the kitchen with a gun in hand.