Chapter 4

Kate's Pov

"We should probably go back inside now" I say.

"Can't I embrace you for a little longer?" She says.

"Well you can give me a massage. My feet is killing me" I say.

"I'd rather be massaging other things Ms. Williams so that's a bad idea" Says Jane.

"Is that the only thing that runs through your mind Ms. Connor?" I say.

"Yes. 24/7" She teases.

"I'll be seeing you soon Ms. Connor" I say.

"Yes. Let's have fun tomorrow" She winks.

"Or just have dinner like normal people?" I say.

"I can tell you're not normal Kate and neither am I" She smiles as she kisses my hand. In that moment she seemed so charming.

"Lets go before Candice think we're having sex" I say.

"Is that the only thing on your mind Ms. Williams?" She teases.

"Yes. 24/7" I tease back.

"You're too innocent Kate" She says.

"I am. I'd like to keep my innocence" I say.

"Not when I'm done with you" She smiles as I open the door.

She then immediately ruffled my hair and shot me a devilish smile as Candice's jaw dropped.

"She's gonna think we fucked" I whisper to her.

"So what of it?" She teases.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Miss. Barker, I brought champagne" She says.

"Thank you Ms. Connor. How thoughtful" She says as Jane hands her the bottle.

"Oh it's no trouble at all" She smiles.

"Would you like to drink it with us?" She asks.

"Oh no. I'm afraid I must get going now. There's some stuff I gotta sort out first" She says.

"Kate. Will you show Ms. Connor out?" She winks at me.

"Sure" I responded as I lead her to the door.

I lead her outside as I close the door behind us.

"How about a goodnight kiss Ms. Williams?" Asks Jane.

"What if someone walks by?" I say.

"I don't care if they see us" She whispers.

"Sure but on the lips?" I ask.

"You're way too innocent Kate. You don't have to ask, you just have to do it" She says as she leans forward and kisses me gently.

This was a passionate kiss, one without sultry or vivid imagination. This was a pure passionate kiss. They say a kiss speaks a thousand words and they were right.

"Goodnight beautiful" She says as she shot me that beautiful smile.

I stood there speechless trying to recover from that perfect kiss as she walks away smiling.

"Jane!" I yell. I need more. I needed that kiss one more time, maybe it's just greed but that kiss was too perfect to be real. My intention was to run up to her and kiss her. I decided to start running by two steps in I fall face first to the ground.

"Stop falling for me Ms. Williams" Says Jane as she walks back to me and I lay on the floor.

She then got down on one knee as she used her finger to push my chin up giving me that perfect kiss once more.

"Dont worry Kate. There'll be a lot of those kisses" She says as she kisses my forehead and ruffles my hair.

"You should probably get up now" She says.

"No. I'm too embarrassed to get up, I'll just lay here and play dead" I say as she burst out laughing.

"You truly are an amusing girl Kate Williams" She says as she makes her exit.

I eventually get up and headed back inside and Candice awaited.

"Y'all fucked!" Candice yells in excitement.

"No Candice we did not" I reply.

"Then what's with that just got fucked hair?" She asks.

"She purposefully messed it up" I say fixing my hair as she hands me a cup of champagne.

This champagne tastes amazing. It screamed of high quality in an elegant bottle.

"So what did she want?" Asks Candice.

"She asked me out to dinner tomorrow" I casually say.

"Oh my gosh yes!!!!!" She screamed.

"Calm down. It's just dinner" I say.

"Dinner always leads to sex and you're an amazing girl so I'm sure something beautiful will blossom!" She smiled.

"Why are you so happy about this?" I ask.

"Cause I always thought you'd die alone" She teases.

"Oh hush" I snicker.

"To be honest I always thought you'd end up with Jason" She says as she sips the champagne with a guilty look on her face.

"I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight Candice" I tease.

"Goodnight Kate" she smiles. I then head back to my room to get some rest. I then notice Jane's grey tie on the floor. She wasn't wearing a tie, did it fall out her pocket? I pick it up as I held it in my arms and dove into bed smelling it like the creep that I am. It smelt just like her. I eventually fall asleep to the scent of Ms. Connor as I picture her sleeping right there with me.

I awoke the next morning with a big smile on my face. She was the first though that came to mind this morning.

~Note from Candice: I gotta head to work, have a great day. P.S I hope Jane takes good care of you.

I then laugh as I put the note down. Why am I thinking about her? It's like she's imprinted on my brain for some reason. I mean I've never had a girlfriend or boyfriend so I guess that's why. I never really felt the urge to like someone. I guess guys have been attracted to me but almost never have I ever been attracted to them.

I carry on my day as usual with a big smile on my face patiently awaiting my dinner date with Jane. It was 5PM and my shift at the hardware was over. I hurry home and open the door to find a man setting up a laptop as Candice watched.

"You didn't tell me someone was coming" She says to me.

"I wasn't aware. I'm sorry sir but I think you have the wrong apartment" I say.

"Are you Ms. Kate Williams?" He asks.

"Yes" I say as I figure out what was going on.

"Sign here" He says.

"Who's it from?" Candice asked.

"Jane" I whispered to Candice.

"She bought you a laptop?" She says in shock.

"I mentioned I didn't have one" I sigh as I fold my arms.

"Nice. When's your dinner date?" Candice asks.

"In 2 hours" I say.

"Awesome. Well I'm gonna head out for the rest of the evening. Have a great time and be careful" She says as she leaves.

"Ms. Jane Connor, if you think showering me with such frivolous things as gifts would allow me to succumb to you then you're dead wrong" I think to myself and my phone started ringing.