Chapter 84

Unknown

Oh Kate.. how much I'm missing you my love. Soon you're gonna be in my arms right where you belong. I'm coming to get you. Wait for me.

-----------------------------

Kate's Pov

Today was one the best day of my life. My novel was an overnight success and I became very well known overnight. And it was all possible because of Anna and how much she supported me. After breaking things up with Jane, I never thought I could stand up in front of the world again. But I eventually did and I'm so happy about it.

After a long day at the event me and Anna reached home.

"Aunt Katyy" Said Kevin as he came running towards me.

"Hey there champ, how are you doing" I said as I picked him up.

"I missed seeing you" Said the six year old.

"How adorable you're. I missed you too" I said kissing his forehead.

"He's very adorable" Said Anna.

"True" I said smiling.

"Okay Kevin now come to me. And let aunt Kate get some rest" Said Anna but Kevin hugged me tightly as if he didn't wanted to let go of me.

"Nooooo, I want Katy" He said cutely. I couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness.

"Come on Kevin. Don't be so stubborn" Says Anna as she tried to convince him.

"It's okay Anna. Let me take him to his room" I said as we walked to his room. I put him on his bed and he grabbed onto me tightly.

"Don't leave pwsss" He says with his puppy eyes. This child.. how adorable he gotta be.

"We won't leave until you fall asleep, don't worry Kevin. Now go to sleep like a good boy" I said, he nodded as Anna sat beside him and kissed his forehead.

"He is very fond of you" Said Anna, looking at me.

"I can tell. He's so cute" I said caressing his hair and saw him slowly starting to fall asleep.

"Thank you Kate" Said Anna. I notice her, getting emotional as she was about to burst into tears.

"For what? Are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

"For being so nice to me and Kevin" She said in a gentle tone.

"You don't have to thank me Anna. I adore Kevin as my own child" I said as I caress her hand softly, trying to comfort her.

"I have no one in this world but Kevin. He is the only thing that has kept me alive for this long. Otherwise I would be dead by-" She tried to continue but I interrupted her.

"Shh don't say such things. I know, how special he is for you" I let her know.

"When Jane and I adopted him, it was like I found a reason to be alive. But after we break up, she suggested me to put him through adoption because she thought I won't be able to raise him alone. But I can't seem to let him go" She said in a very sad tone, hearing that shocked me.

"I'm so sorry that Jane told you something like that. But you don't have to let him go ever. You're his mother and he's gonna be with you forever" I said as Anna burst out crying. I walked to her and hold her closer.

"Please don't cry Anna. Let me take you to your room, you should get some rest. Kevin has already fall asleep" I said as she nodded. We went to her room and I helped her lay on the bed as she calm down a little bit.

"There you go, are you feeling a little better now" I asked.

"Kate, can you please stay with me tonight. I don't think I can spend the night alone.."She requested.