Chapter 81

Jane and Kate's House-7pm

Jane's Pov

I yawned as I stretched my hands. Did I get drunk and fall asleep on the couch? Damn, it's already 7 pm! Kate must be home a while ago. It then flashback to Kate's words.

"Not only do I have to deal with the kids at school but now I gotta deal with this new child at home? It's been a very long day and now I gotta come home to take care of you and the house. I'm afraid I don't have the energy. The great Jane Connor, look at you now my love, please help me, I can't do this alone" Said Kate with tears in her eyes.

Damn. Have I really been a bad wife? I then grab my head as I see the whiskey stain on the floor, Kate must have cleaned it up. It left a nasty stain gosh, I'm so sorry Kate. I hurry along to the sink because the last thing I remember was I left the kitchen in a mess. I wasn't surprised but it seemed Kate cleaned it up and washed the dishes. I really had been a crap wife to you, Kate. I'm truly sorry.

I walk up to our room to see Kate fast asleep in bed, she was still in her work clothes, she must be really tired. I hurry to her side as I kiss her forehead.

"I'm so sorry my love, I swear I'll be a better wife" I say to her as tears fall out my eyes.

I'm so sorry Kate. She must be hungry. I'll go make dinner. I'll also make a casserole for the neighbor, I must apologize for my behavior today. This doesn't make up for it but it's a start.

8:30 pm

Kate's Pov

I was awoken to the scent of food in the air, it smelt like a casserole. Is Jane making dinner? Oh God, Jane is making dinner! I rush downstairs thinking the kitchen was probably on fire.

"You've awoken sleeping beauty" Said Jane.

"You're cooking and the kitchen isn't on fire, what's going on?" I say surprised.

"Casserole is one of the very few things I can cook without setting the kitchen on fire" She said.

"Well that's shocking" I say.

I sat for a little while staring at Jane, she looked so focused. It was so hot.

"How long are you gonna sit there?" She asked.

"Would you like me to stand?" I ask.

"Go shower, dinner is almost ready" She says as she kissed my forehead.

What's with this change of attitude all of a sudden? It wasn't too long ago, drunk Jane made her debut. I mean I'm definitely complaining, I'm completely turned on right now. I hurried and showered and I joined her for dinner.

"There are 2 casseroles?" I ask.

"One for the neighbor" She said.

"You made her a casserole?" I say impressed.

"Of course, let's go take it to her. I need to apologize for my behavior today" She says to me.

We head next door and I knocked.

"Hello" He says as he answered the door.

"Mann!" I say surprised.

"You two know each other?" Asked Jane.

"He's Mann, the class president of the class I teach" I say.

"Mrs. Connor, so you're the bothersome neighbor my mother keeps going in about" He says.

"Yes, I'm so sorry. Can we speak with her?" I ask.

"Sure come in, let me get her" Said Mann as he led us inside. We waited inside as she joined us.