Chapter 24

Kate's Pov

"I've never been on a boat before" I say to Jane.

"The ocean is beautiful isn't it?" She says I smile.

"It truly is" I smile.

"How about you take a quick shower and get some rest?" Says Jane.

"Rest? I don't wanna miss this" I say with stars in my eyes.

"I guess now you understand the meaning behind seeing the world through my eyes" Says Jane.

"Yeah. The world is beautiful, I will take you up on that showering idea though" Say as I smile.

"Have fun" She says to me.

"I will" I smile as I head below deck. I head to her bedroom and took my clothes off as I run the shower, I was so thankful, she had hot water on here. I enter the water as it felt so good. The ocean breeze was cold so this felt so good. I use her shower gel as gush it all over my body.

"Do you need a hand with that?" Jane's voice says.

"Sure" I say as I continue to wash myself.

It took me a moment to register that Jane was behind me. I then immediately turn around.

"Jane! What are you doing here!" I yell.

"I need a shower too so I thought I'd join you" Says Jane.

"Who's steering the boat!" I yell.

"It's drifting. Calm down" Says Jane as she takes the shower gel from my hand.

"Turn around" She says.

I do as she says, she applied the shower gel to my back as she wipes it with hand slowly. I forgot how soft her hands were. They were like cotton, she then started wiping my ass as I start getting goosebumps.

"If you think we're having shower sex then you're dead wrong" I say blushing.

"No shower sex" She says as she kisses me.

"What was that for?" I say blushing.

"I missed those soft lips. They're like a cloud" She says as I blush.

I tilt my head down to see she had burn marks on her chest. Small circle burn marks. There were about 7 of them.

"Jane, who did this to you?" I say as I freeze up.

"No one. It's nothing", she says brushing it off.

"Jane... Who did this to you?" I whispered.

"I was a human ash tray for my parents when I was a child. That's it really" She says.

"No. I'm sorry to hear that" I say as I tried touching it but she grabs my hands.

"You can't touch me there" She says slowly.

"I'll need a road map" I say as she kissed me.

She kissed me hard which made me wet instantly. I knew full well what's going to happen next. She then started kissing my neck as she bites it and holds my hand.

"No" I say as I push her off.

"Why what's wrong?" She asks.

"If we want this to work then we have to take it slow. We can't rush this like we did last time" I say as she looked sad.

"Alright babe" She says as she kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry. I just wanna be careful this time" I say to her as she smiles.

"Careful we shall be" She says as she hugs me.

We finished showering and then headed back outside. Jane was a lot more understanding now than ever. No isn't a word she'd hear often.

We finish changing and head back on deck as I enjoy the ocean breeze. I really love the sea, it's so beautiful and mysterious, just like Jane.

"How long until we reach Caracallie Island?" I ask her.

"About another half hour" She says.

"Nice" I say as I stare at her.

"Wanna steer?" She asks.

"Me? No I steer this thing?" I say.

"Come one Kate. What are you going to crash into?" She teases.

"The sea" I say.

She then pulled me forward and out her hands on the wheel. She stood right behind me as she wavered my hands and the yacht move accordingly. She then let go as I was steering it myself.

"Holy crap, I'm steering it" I say in excitement.

"Yea you sure are" She says as she hugs me from behind.

"Are you okay?" I ask while steering.

"Don't leave me again Kate" She says as her voice breaks.

She seemed to be getting emotional about this, it was strange but it was a big step for Jane who never wears her heart on her sleeve. I continue steering. I didn't know if to feel happy about her growing as a person or sad cause she seems sad. I then turned around and kissed her. This was a passionate kiss that brought that smile back.

"Don't hurt me again Jane" I say to her.

"I won't hurt you again" She says as she hugs me.

She continued steering as I took in the ocean breeze and the seagulls flying above. I felt like a pirate hunting for the treasure.

"What's with that smug look on your face?" She asks.

"Nothing. I'm just loving this adventure" I smile.

An island was then in sight. Looked like an abandoned island but there was a house to the top.

"Is that Caracallie Island?" I ask.

"Yeah. Welcome to paradise" Says Jane.

"Looks abandoned" I say as we move closer.

"It's not. I hired some people to take care of the island for me" Says Jane as we enter the marble waters.

She headed for the dock, of course she has her own personal dock. We got off board the ship as a man greeted us.

"Ms. Connor, it's been a while" Says the man.

"Alan it's great to see you. This is Kate, Kate this is Alan, the island keeper" Says Jane as I shake his hand.

"Well it was a pleasure to meet you but I'll leave you be" Says Alan.

"How's everything on the island?" Asks Jane.

"Running smoothly ma'am" Says Alan.

"Would you take out stuff up to the manor? We're going to walk up there" Says Jane.

"Are you sure sir? It's quite a long way" Says Alan.

"Walk?" I say suddenly getting scared.

"I thought you wanted an adventure and didn't you tell me you like walking?" Says Jane.

"I like walking when I know where I'm walking to, this place looks like a massive Venus Fly trap" I say to her.

"It'll be fine, I won't let anything happen to you, I won't even let the anaconda's eat you" Says Jane as she starts walking.

"There's anaconda's!" I yell as I run after her.

Caracallie Island, a beautiful island with the most beautiful marble waters and a white sandy beach. Tress were visible everywhere you turn. Atop a hill was Jane's manor. A huge house with a seemingly amazing view. According to Jane we have to enter the forest and find the pathway that leads to the manor. There's a road to drive up there but Jane wants to take me on an adventure. I don't mind an adventure but cutting through a deep forest where bugs are vast is a big no no but for now I'll have to trust Jane, she won't let anything happen to me. As soon as we entered the forest a huge beetle flew my face as I let out the biggest girlish scream that I could possibly muster. Something tells me this adventure may be the climb to bug hell and I'm madly afraid of bugs...