Chapter 25

Kate's Pov

"Why is there even a forest here?" I ask.

"Probably cause it's an island" Says Jane.

"Can't we just walk the other way around?" I fret.

"Are you that afraid of bugs?" She says.

"Maybe" I say as I see a beetle and scream.

"We haven't even entered the forest yet" Jane teased.

"Other way around" I beg.

"I can take you and carry you on my back if you'd like" Says Jane.

"I'm perfectly capable of walking" I say as I enter the forest.

"Where was this confidence a minute ago?" She asks as I pout.

"I have to show you something. It's the real reason I bought this island" Says Jane which made me curious.

I enter the forest headstrong, mainly cause of curiously. Jane doesn't really seem interested in most things so I'm curious to see what peaked her interest about this island. I see an adobe of various trees, they all seemed so healthy, I could tell this island is well kept, tall dark trees shading us as I walk into the unknown, I then notice a tall tree up on the mountains, didn't seem that far from the house on the hill and by house on the hill I mean Jane's house on the mountain as we start to walk.

The ground felt soft like it'll collapse at any given moment, moist and wet. A rain-forest? If that may be the case then their would be various animals living in this ecosystem. I always loved animals. Seeing one here would make me happy.

"Oi Jane. I realize this is a rain-forest. Are there any animals here?" I ask.

"Yes actually, there's anacondas, vulcans, scorpions amongst other things" Says Jane.

"Any animals that won't kill me?" I ask.

"There's squirrels, monkeys, deer's and a lot more wildlife here" She says as I smile.

"Now I'm excited. You should have just started with that" I say.

"There's something I realized with you, you see the beauty in everything, we could be in the car, you'd be staring at the sky, we'd be on a boat you'd be staring at the sea and the birds flying" Says Jane.

"You are right. Life has more meaning when you can find the beauty in everything" I say.

"Then this forest will be your paradise" Says Jane as I notice a squirrel on the tree jumping from branch to branch.

"This place is beautiful" I say.

"We are almost to the middle of the forest" Says Jane.

"What's the name of this forest?" I ask.

"Does not have a name. It's an unknown forest" She says as we continue to walk.

"Then why not name it?" I ask.

"I will leave that up to you, we have arrived at the middle, now close your eyes" Says Jane.

"Close them? Why?" I ask.

"Do as I say Ms. Williams" Smiled Jane. I then close my eyes.

"Use your senses" She says.

"My senses?" I ask.

"Yes. Now clear your mind and relax" She says.

What is she talking about? I then took a deep breath as I hear it. The sound of the forest, the wind roared a scary but beautiful tune, various animals sounds making it's cry, the sound of the wind hitting the leaves of the trees. Water streaming somewhere. Footsteps hit the ground. I was in the heart of the forest. I can hear everything. I smiled a little inside as I open my eyes.